• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Classic Baseball Photos

On 10/14/2016 at 9:40 AM, yk9001 said:

Exactly 90 seconds before this photo was taken, Mike Scioscia was giving AK the bunt signal.
I was 150 feet from where this pic was taken.  What a day.

Nobody ever tell me that the Bottenfield-AK-Edmonds trade was a disaster.  One player in the 60 year history of the franchise has been ALCS MVP: Adam Kennedy

A little late to the game on this but Fred Lynn was the 1982 ALCS MVP in their loss to Milwaukee. Not that it really matters. I would have rather had Cecil Cooper win the award and the Angels win the series. Still hurts but it's only been 34 years. I need to give it some time.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:22 PM, LAA Road Tripper said:

A little late to the game on this but Fred Lynn was the 1982 ALCS MVP in their loss to Milwaukee. Not that it really matters. I would have rather had Cecil Cooper win the award and the Angels win the series. Still hurts but it's only been 34 years. I need to give it some time.

That ALCS hurt because some scrub named Peter Ladd replaced the injured Rollie Fingers and shut down the Halos.   Ladd >>>> Luis Sanchez.

That was the ALCS right there. 

On 10/25/2016 at 2:22 PM, LAA Road Tripper said:

I either don't remember, or never knew that. I have been set straight.

Hall of Famer Bid McPhee, regarded as the best fielding second baseman of the 19th century. He did not use a glove until late in his career.

“This glove business has gone a little too far,” Bid McPhee said. “True, hot-hit balls do sting a little at the opening of the season, but after you get used to it there is no trouble on that score.”

14925672_10154741976779630_3782829767049

• 2 weeks later...