• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2016 Fantasy Football

I looked through this forum and the last FF thread I saw was for 2015 so figured I'd start one for 2016.  With everything else going on football season has (thankfully) snuck up on me and opening night is a week from Thursday.  I have both my drafts next week, have done little or no research and will likely just read some articles and view rankings before my drafts.  I look at the rankings and we continue to see more of a shift to WR's especially after so many of last year's top RB's were busts by fantasy standards.  Any players you are targeting or strategies you're using for drafts?  I'm picking 1st overall in a 14 team league and 8th in a 10 team league.  In both cases I think I'll be going WR unless a top RB falls to 8 and even then I'm hesitant.   

I don't think going WR-WR is unusual as it's something more and more people have been doing, particularly in the last few years when picking towards the end of round 1.  I used to always go RB-RB which helped me win multiple leagues but with only a handful of teams more or less committing to one RB (Minn, LA, Dallas) while becoming more of a passing league it's no longer a good strategy. Right now I'm kind of hoping DeAndre Hopkins is there at 8 because I think Osweiler is an upgrade over what they had last year and they also added Miller and some WR help through the draft.  

First draft reinforced why I wouldn't ever bother with a mock draft because the picks were all over the place.  Ended up with:

QB - R. Wilson

WR - D. Hopkins, AJ Green, E. Decker

RB - D. Martin, M. Forte

TE - G. Olsen

K - McManus

DEF- Houston

BN - A. Dalton, J. Langford, J. Brown, T. Austin, M. Thomas, M. Bennett

No flex in this league and we start 3 WR's so drafted more WR depth.  When I took Green I was considering L. Bell and that's the pick I'm still torn on the most.  I only took Forte because he was there in round 7 and I needed a RB.  Once the FA period starts I may drop one of my WR's to get another RB as there are a few available.   

Had my draft last night (8 teams). I had the sixth pick. Antonio Brown went first, followed by OBJ and Julio Jones. Focus was definitely on superstar WRs. I got Zeke Elliott. Didn't want him persay, but he was a high value. Picked up DeAndre Hopkins on the swing back, then Keenan Allen (meh) and Cam Newton in the 6th. Reached early and got Gostkowski and Seattle. Also got Kelce, DeMarco and Brandon Marshal and some other scruff. Picked Carson Palmer last since we have a 4 man bench. 

Yahoo predicts I go 7-7 and finish 4th. I guess I'll take it

Edited by AngelsLongBall

Had an autodraft in a World Football League tribute league (I have the Portland Storm). Looked over the roster, had only one quarterback on the roster (Carson Palmer). Grabbed Jameis Winston as a #2 before the remaining QBs were too picked over (lost out on Matthew Stafford before I got in). This is going to be a weird season. My #1 draft pick was Le'Veon Bell, who is suspended for the first four games. Last year in the same league, my offense was centered around Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, so there's that.

I just completed a 10-team, 2 QB, 3 WR league draft the other night.  Had the #2 pick.

QB:  A. Rodgers, R. Fitzpatrick, B. Osweiler

RB:  Lamar Miller, Le'Veon Bell, Jeremy Hill, Derrick Henry, Gio Bernard, Dion Lewis (who I will IR)

WR:  Sammy Watkins, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, John Brown, Willie Snead

TE:  Marcellus Bennett

K:  Steven Hauschka, Dustin Hopkins

D:  Texans

The guys bolded are starters this week.  I feel like once Bell (3 wks) and Lewis (6 wks?) get back, I'll be deep and solid, and may be able to trade for a better #2 QB.  As is, should be pretty competitive unless all of the young WR's crap out.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2016 at 9:37 AM, AngelsLongBall said:

Had my draft last night (8 teams). I had the sixth pick. Antonio Brown went first, followed by OBJ and Julio Jones. Focus was definitely on superstar WRs. I got Zeke Elliott. Didn't want him persay, but he was a high value. Picked up DeAndre Hopkins on the swing back, then Keenan Allen (meh) and Cam Newton in the 6th. Reached early and got Gostkowski and Seattle. Also got Kelce, DeMarco and Brandon Marshal and some other scruff. Picked Carson Palmer last since we have a 4 man bench. 

Yahoo predicts I go 7-7 and finish 4th. I guess I'll take it

My team is hot garbage. At this point I cringe stsrting any of my WRs and Cam has been dogshit all season. I'm going chin first into the cellar