• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 6/12 Angels vs. Indians: Marte batting cleanup

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm going to guess they go 7-9. 

This team is putrid.

Yeah we're only better than one or two of the teams I mentioned, so under .500 is certainly possible. But by this team's standard I consider 7-9 to be meeting my description of "winning a bit".

Winning is becoming less and less relevant. You aren't ever going to rattle of wins to get yourself rolling by carting out huff, weaver, Santiago, and chacin. Especially with our bullpen. Time to see what you've got. Get matte in there. Let cowart play. Maybe call up kubitza. 

Doc, you really don't think that Cron would be one of the first ones to be dealt away if we became sellers?  Our starting pitching, save for Shoe, has been awful, and Cron, because of his potential as a power hitter, may be one of the few Angels that could net the team a decent return. 

Factor in that Marte is playing well in his place, and Cowart is hitting well again in the minors, and I could see Cron being dealt away, mostly out of necessity.

Cron has been too inconsistent to really bring back much on his own, and his defensive shortcomings really limit the number of teams further. Basically there is maybe a handful of teams that'd have truly enough interest in Cron to offer what he'd be worth. 

He's only really going to have value as a throw-in with another player (sort of akin to the Grichuk/Bourjos deal) or going to a rebuilding team that intends on using him full-time as a stopgap. Milwaukee, San Diego, Tampa, Oakland. Someone who can afford to give him a full season or two without blocking a top prospect that can gamble on him either filling his potential for them cheaply, or simply cut him when his replacement is ready.

i actually see Giavotella having slightly similar value. And I also think think the Angels are in a position similar in terms of what they can receive for some of these marginal everyday players. Change of scenery deals.