• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baylor Fired Art Briles

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/5/26/11787506/baylor-university-football-report-art-briles

This report is scathing. I can't believe Starr and the AD survived this. What went on at Baylor seems worse than what went on at Penn State. At Penn State they just turned a blind eye to allegations while the Baylor staff and administration not only turned a blind eye but they discouraged complaints, suppressed allegations, and ACTIVELY RETALIATED against complainants.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:22 PM, eaterfan said:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/5/26/11787506/baylor-university-football-report-art-briles

This report is scathing. I can't believe Starr and the AD survived this. What went on at Baylor seems worse than what went on at Penn State. At Penn State they just turned a blind eye to allegations while the Baylor staff and administration not only turned a blind eye but they discouraged complaints, suppressed allegations, and ACTIVELY RETALIATED against complainants.

This is bad, but I'm not sure that it is worse than Penn State. According to a recent report, Joe Paterno knew of Jerry Sandusky sexually molesting young boys as early as 1971. The university kept him on the football staff until 1995, and after he retired, they allowed him to continue to use university facilities in activities that involved young boys. 

35 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

This is bad, but I'm not sure that it is worse than Penn State. According to a recent report, Joe Paterno knew of Jerry Sandusky sexually molesting young boys as early as 1971. The university kept him on the football staff until 1995, and after he retired, they allowed him to continue to use university facilities in activities that involved young boys. 

This is true. But Penn State basically turned a blind eye to sexual violence. It seems from the report that Baylor intimidated women into not making complaints and in one case retaliated against a woman who did make a complaint. They literally took action to help rapists get away with it.