• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you haven't listened to our weekly podcast....

http://www.buzzsprout.com/41579/379938-angels-weekly-podcast-may-8-2016

we discussed trading Trout, firing Scioscia, signing Lincecum, gettig rid of Choi, what the rotation will look like in July, etc. 

I think it's a good one. If you haven't ever listened this is a good one to start with. 

I'm not sure how long we're going to keep doing these. If you like it, subscribe and tell a friend!

thanks

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

we discussed trading Trout, firing Scioscia, signing Lincecum, gettig rid of Choi, what the rotation will look like in July, etc. 

I think it's a good one. If you haven't ever listened this is a good one to start with. 

I'm not sure how long we're going to keep doing these. If you like it, subscribe and tell a friend!

thanks

Thanks for the link!  I'm listening right now.  So far good stuff! 

Kaufman: He's hitting .190

Fletcher: Meh, batting average.

Come on Jeff, you can only dismiss batting average until it becomes an embarrassment and .190 is just that, especially following Trout in the lineup. Eventually something will have to be done about Pujols (.190/.269/.362/.631) if he can't hit over the Mendoza line. An occasional home run and getting an RBI on ground outs is not cutting it. I know, if we had better... wait, there is Calhoun getting shuffled around Pujols when it would probably serve the Angels better putting him after Trout.

Yesterday you could see Albert was disgusted in grounding out again with a runner on to end an inning. He knows what he is bringing to the lineup and maybe it is more embarrassing to him to be put in that RBI position and failing so much, so often. Move him down, create some cohesiveness from leadoff to 4th.

You know, rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

thanks

I really appreciate and enjoy these podcasts, and hope they can continue.  I don't understand some of the Angels' decision making and you explain from the perspective of someone who follows them every day.

Please keep the podcasts coming!

42 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Exactly. The way Pujols is hitting right now is downright pathetic. Aside from hitting below the Mendoza line, he can't get on base, he runs like a gazelle with two legs, and he continually hits into inning ending double plays.

But.....he has 6 home runs, only one less than Trout, so in his mind, he's been productive.

Albert misses some home runs by a hair and grounds out a lot.  Can't help but wonder if a lot of these outs were homers or doubles in his prime.  Has his bat speed diminished, and if so can he make adjustments?   

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Kaufman: He's hitting .190

Fletcher: Meh, batting average.

Come on Jeff, you can only dismiss batting average until it becomes an embarrassment and .190 is just that, especially following Trout in the lineup. Eventually something will have to be done about Pujols (.190/.269/.362/.631) if he can't hit over the Mendoza line. An occasional home run and getting an RBI on ground outs is not cutting it. I know, if we had better... wait, there is Calhoun getting shuffled around Pujols when it would probably serve the Angels better putting him after Trout.

Yesterday you could see Albert was disgusted in grounding out again with a runner on to end an inning. He knows what he is bringing to the lineup and maybe it is more embarrassing to him to be put in that RBI position and failing so much, so often. Move him down, create some cohesiveness from leadoff to 4th.

You know, rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Tough to argue that.  If Nava is hitting 2nd then bat Calhoun 4th and Albert 5th.  If Calhoun is batting 2nd, then you might as well keep Albert 4th. 

Still feel like it is rearranging deck chairs when the backside of the line up has nothing to work with. You are looking at 2 guys with an OPS over .600 in Cron and Pujols then it falls off a cliff after that.

Pennington .592

Nava .497

Giavotells .468

Gentry .413

Perez .411

Ji Man Joke .363

55 minutes ago, Poozy said:

This isn't just a normal Pujols slump. 

Over his last 97 games, he's hitting .209 with an OPS around .650 

Yep, this started after the 2015 ASB.  The surgery doesn't seem to be doing much good.

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 hours ago, Poozy said:

This isn't just a normal Pujols slump. 

Over his last 97 games, he's hitting .209 with an OPS around .650 

If you like at his line from last year and this year you can see he is almost strictly trying to hit the ball out of the park. Last year he was successful but this year not so much. His Medium hit power rate is at an all time low while his Soft and Hard hit rates are near all time highs. Basically it just looks like he's abandoned a line drive approach (this year he's at 14.7% LD rate against 18.8% career) for all or nothing power. That is reflected in his really low BABIP because the ball is basically either leaving the yard or he's grounding out.