• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alberta Fires

Didn't see any thread on the fires so...

Just came across some of the videos that has been seen in the news lately.  Scary shit for these people.

First 3 videos total 9 minutes from the front of the truck.  Last 3 videos are the same 9 minutes from the rear of the truck.

I've driven through a fire like that once on the 2 freeway when there was a fire in Glendale.  If you have never experienced it, the heat is just amazing.  I was in the center lane of probably a 5 lane highway, and it felt like I had a roaring fire in the fireplace and was close enough to roast marshmallows.  Yeah, I don't know why they didn't close the freeway, and I just zoomed on by like probably a total moron since I was the only moron on the freeway. 

Some of that footage is just insane.  Especially the embers all over the place. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Pretty wild footage. Hate to say it, but we're way overdue. I think the last local one we had was the triangle one in 2009. 

Due for an earthquake too...

They say 90% of the city was saved.  10% is still too much though. 

With the great El Nino we had, it's going to be a brutal summer if it gets hot.