• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cespedes..

Chuck

i wanted him, its no secret... so im gonna just leave this alone for now.   too early to make any sweeping judgements but we would certainly be in a much better place.

i feel like weve gone back in time as a franchise.  Weve gone back to the Disney days and even some of the autry days where we behaved like a small market club in the big Orange.   I feel somewhat cheated as a fan right now.   I  know i shouldnt, thay have made some moves that just didnt pan out, i get it, but using that as an excuse to not finish the job and leave us with little more than daily Trout highlights is kinda pointless. 

The Grichuk trade could prove to be a real bad one over time. He's always had the great defensive tools and the ability to hit the ball hard.

At the time of the trade the Angels had Hamilton for 4 years, there was only a bench spot for Grichuck and for Bourjos. They were considered expendable assets, teams make these trades all the time but rarely get bit so hard in the ass when their big dollar player completely shits the bed. Regardless, at the time the Angels needed a 3rd baseman more than a backup left fielder.

I get that, which makes the Hackilton signing even more stupid, since Grichuk was not far off (maybe a year or so) from making the MLB roster by ST 2013.   My question would be, how many teams, having a Grichuk in their org, would have signed Hackilton given his struggles beginning to emerge in 2012 in Texas and turning 32 in 2013?  

It is just one of many bonehead moves by Arte Moreno since the decade started.   But it is a bigger one. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

At the time of the trade the Angels had Hamilton for 4 years, there was only a bench spot for Grichuck and for Bourjos. They were considered expendable assets, teams make these trades all the time but rarely get bit so hard in the ass when their big dollar player completely shits the bed. Regardless, at the time the Angels needed a 3rd baseman more than a backup left fielder.

It was a bad use of assets.  They traded a potential everyday player for a middle reliever...  teams that do that end up paying a heavy price for the lack of vision.   Also, it's a matter of opinion but Calhoun had fewer than 300 at bats at the time of the trade, he wasn't established to the point where it afforded the Angels the luxury of moving a 22 year old OF in AAA to make sure he had a spot... particularly not given the state of our farm system at THAT time.

Edited by Inside Pitch