• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I can't hate on Pujols while Trout is still sucking

NrM

His timing is clearly off.  He's hitting quite a few hard ground outs and getting jammed.  So he's either too early and flying open or too late and not getting through.  

Pujols just can't help himself.  He has to swing.  Perfect example was his weak roller to 3b on a 3-0 count.  He was going for the home run and the ball was on the outer half.  I think he decides in advance whether he's gonna try to pull the ball.  

His timing is clearly off.  He's hitting quite a few hard ground outs and getting jammed.  So he's either too early and flying open or too late and not getting through.  

Pujols just can't help himself.  He has to swing.  Perfect example was his weak roller to 3b on a 3-0 count.  He was going for the home run and the ball was on the outer half.  I think he decides in advance whether he's gonna try to pull the ball.  

TL:DR Trout is slumping, pujols just sucks

I bet Claude still can. :)

Pujols has been on the Angels for 660 regular season games and they've won 355 of those games with zero playoff wins. The 660 regular season Angels games played prior to Pujols' arrival they won 369 of those games.They also won 6 playoff games during that stretch. He's made zero impact on taking the franchise to another level. We watch him flail night after night and then when he finally hits a dinger people here fall all over themselves to praise his greatness. He's suppose to be healthy and he's hitting less than .200.....that's pitiful. A young cost controlled player with those type of stats would be sent down to AAA.

Edited by CALZONE

Pujols has been on the Angels for 660 regular season games and they've won 355 of those games with zero playoff wins. The 660 regular season Angels games played prior to Pujols' arrival they won 369 of those games.They also won 6 playoff games during that stretch. He's made zero impact on taking the franchise to another level. We watch him flail night after night and then when he finally hits a dinger people here fall all over themselves to praise his greatness. He's suppose to be healthy and he's hitting less than .200.....that's pitiful. A young cost controlled player with those type of stats would be sent down to AAA.

Ignore what the team around Albert looks like versus how complete the teams were prior to Albert. Using your logic Trout hasn't made the Angels better. Also people on here universally don't like Albert so that part of your post is also nonsense.

Ignore what the team around Albert looks like versus how complete the teams were prior to Albert. Using your logic Trout hasn't made the Angels better. Also people on here universally don't like Albert so that part of your post is also nonsense.

You are ignoring the fact that Pujols was a huge investment that impacts every offseason decision. He hasn't made the team better or more competitive. He now tells Scioscia when he can or will play 1st base. Once again a young player like Cron (just like Trumbo) will get bounced around from 1st, DH and bench to accommodate Pujols. Mike Trout will continue to suffer at the plate because Albert has to hit behind him to get his best pitches possible. Scioscia needs to slip Calhoun between Trout and Pujols but Albert would probably have a shitfit.

And Trout hasn't made the team better? Trout is the team. He would be better served playing somewhere else to escape Alberts legend and create his own without having an old player attached at the hip for his own benefit.

Edited by CALZONE

You are ignoring the fact that Pujols was a huge investment that impacts every offseason decision. He hasn't made the team better or more competitive. He now tells Scioscia when he can or will play 1st base. Once again a young player like Cron (just like Trumbo) will get bounced around from 1st, DH and bench to accommodate Pujols. Mike Trout will continue to suffer at the plate because Albert has to hit behind him to get his best pitches possible. Scioscia needs to slip Calhoun between Trout and Pujols but Albert would probably have a shitfit.

And Trout hasn't made the team better? Trout is the team. He would be better served playing somewhere else to escape Alberts legend and create his own without having an old player attached at the hip for his own benefit.

I was using your logic Claude. You used team wins to say the Angels are no better with Albert as they were without him. Trout is not struggling because Albert is hitting behind him, they aren't pitching around Trout. Oh and the time they did intentionally walk Trout to face Albert he hit the wall off. I don't disagree that Calhoun would be better hitting behind Trout, but that's hardly Albert's fault. Nor is it Albert's fault if Scioscia chooses to play Cron at first or Albert at first. You act like Albert rules with some sort of iron fist. Tough to do that when he's not in charge. Blame Mike or Arte for Alberts impact on payroll or place in the batting order or whether he's a DH or a first baseman. Blame Albert for the ground balls to the left side.

Trout will figure it out.

Pujols concerns me. Were some of these ground outs homers he can no longer hit due to injuries? Could he get more hits if he swung for HRs less with runners on base? I certainly don't question his effort.

I was using your logic Claude. You used team wins to say the Angels are no better with Albert as they were without him. Trout is not struggling because Albert is hitting behind him, they aren't pitching around Trout. Oh and the time they did intentionally walk Trout to face Albert he hit the wall off. I don't disagree that Calhoun would be better hitting behind Trout, but that's hardly Albert's fault. Nor is it Albert's fault if Scioscia chooses to play Cron at first or Albert at first. You act like Albert rules with some sort of iron fist. Tough to do that when he's not in charge. Blame Mike or Arte for Alberts impact on payroll or place in the batting order or whether he's a DH or a first baseman. Blame Albert for the ground balls to the left side.

There was a story that came out last week that if a batting cage was accessible near the dugout Albert would be more likely to DH rather than play first base because he can stay loose. What kind of BS is that? At first I didn't believe the story because it sounded so far fetched and self serving, but yeah, that's Albert. Mike Scioscia's first thought every game day is probably "I wonder where Albert wants to play today?" This team will continue to suffer as long as Albert is in the middle of the lineup. Just 5 more years......

There was a story that came out last week that if a batting cage was accessible near the dugout Albert would be more likely to DH rather than play first base because he can stay loose. What kind of BS is that? At first I didn't believe the story because it sounded so far fetched and self serving, but yeah, that's Albert. Mike Scioscia's first thought every game day is probably "I wonder where Albert wants to play today?" This team will continue to suffer as long as Albert is in the middle of the lineup. Just 5 more years......

Ok and? If you managed someone at work would you let them tell you what they were doing that day? If you did would that be your fault or his fault? You will say look how much money he makes and I'll say Scioscia has a guaranteed contract and according to most on here is the most powerful manager in baseball. Continue the jealousy hate obsession, it's 90% of what you are contributing these days.

You are ignoring the fact that Pujols was a huge investment that impacts every offseason decision. H

Pujols was a huge investment, but without that investment our TV deal would not have been as big. The way I see it Fox is paying Pujols' entire contract plus most of the other players as well.

If Pujols was making only $5M/yr, would everyone still think he sucks? He has put up OK numbers with regards to HRs and RBIs. it's his average that has been his biggest disappointment, that and his injuries and lack of speed. He is paid too much but there are a awful lot of players that would love to put up his type of numbers.

Edited by Ace_Richards

Ok and? If you managed someone at work would you let them tell you what they were doing that day? If you did would that be your fault or his fault? You will say look how much money he makes and I'll say Scioscia has a guaranteed contract and according to most on here is the most powerful manager in baseball. Continue the jealousy hate obsession, it's 90% of what you are contributing these days.

Well if he was earning his money I wouldn't mention it. But if you're satisfied with Albert hitting .180 (while healthy) in the cleanup spot and getting paid $25M???? You certainly sound like a satisfied customer.

.180 Stradling??? Could you have ever imagined that.

Pujols was a huge investment, but without that investment our TV deal would not have been as big. The way I see it Fox is paying Pujols' entire contract plus most of the other players as well.

Honestly this is what I thought and shared a lot on here, but I don't think it's accurate, or at least the better way of saying it is I haven't read any direct link and I've looked.

Well if he was earning his money I wouldn't mention it. But if you're satisfied with Albert hitting .180 (while healthy) in the cleanup spot and getting paid $25M???? You certainly sound like a satisfied customer.

.180 Stradling??? Could you have ever imagined that.

Im not satisfied but you are blaming him for things that aren't entirely or even majorly on him. You need him to be a villain, which is silly. It's called aged regression, but you see it as he's not trying or he doesn't care or he's a really bad dude or a cancer.

I don't believe that. If that was true they should've change the franchise name to The Los Angeles Devils of Anaheim.

Remember everyone at the Pujols press conference shouting: "WE GOT PUJOLS" ?

#Memories

And "Thank you Jerry" .... "Thank you Arte"

What has signing Pujols, Wilson and then Hamilton really accomplished? In reality it was a lot of burned money that has crippled the operational budget. The "Win now" methodology has come to a screeching halt because of the financial liability that was created by those signings. What's left from this? Hamilton is gone but getting paid by Arte, Wilson is probably toast and Albert is giving us .180

And "Thank you Jerry" .... "Thank you Arte"

What has signing Pujols, Wilson and then Hamilton really accomplished? In reality it was a lot of burned money that has crippled the operational budget. The "Win now" methodology has come to a screeching halt because of the financial liability that was created by those signings. What's left from this? Hamilton is gone but getting paid by Arte, Wilson is probably toast and Albert is giving us .180

Dude we all don't need a history lesson ... we get it. Nonetheless, Pujols and Wilson are still valuable players on the team.