• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Swept the Chokeland A's on the road!

Chuck

After many years of bad Halos series in Oakland, this sweep was great to see. Nothing beats winning the division there in 2004, but this was sweeeeet.

Early 1977 and early 1980 4 game sweeps by the A'th in Oakland were especially bad.

I was there at that game. Still a high school kid, and man, not a fun place to be wearing Angels gear.

After many years of bad Halos series in Oakland, this sweep was great to see. Nothing beats winning the division there in 2004, but this was sweeeeet.

Early 1977 and early 1980 4 game sweeps by the A'th in Oakland were especially bad.

That 04' division clincher was one of my all time favorite games. I remember it well, game 161.

Escobar started against Zito. I still think Kelvim had the best stuff on the staff. That split was nasty. Anyway it was the perfect game. I remember it like it was yesterday. Vlad hit a two run bomb to center off one of Zito's patented curveballs early. Then later, in the 8th or 9th Erstad bangs a two run double against Rincon off the wall to tie it. Then GA singles to right to score the go ahead run. Percy in the 9th for the division.

One of my all time favorite games, and teams for that matter. What makes it sweeter was the improbable rally from 4 games back with a week or so left in the season.

Edited by Angelsfirst

Perfectly good? You know we played Oakland, right? In an afternoon game where most troll fans are still sleeping or haven't been bailed out of jail yet. Zero pressure on our hitters.

Should've crushed this team.

Blast.

Parties.

Perfectly good? You know we played Oakland, right? In an afternoon game where most troll fans are still sleeping or haven't been bailed out of jail yet. Zero pressure on our hitters.

Should've crushed this team.

Oh so you're that guy, ok this should be fun.