• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Relax...

Chuck

I was away on a business trip in SF ( more on that on SF Giants fans later), but I see fans are back to the sky is falling type posts.

Seriously?

The Angels just came off a sweep of the AL Champs and should have won the first two games of the series against Texas. We all knew Roth vs. Darvish was not in our favor.

Anyhow, the team could easily have won 5 of 6 from two premier teams in the AL. The Angels are back and IMO, they showed up in full force last Friday. We're 4-2 on the season since they woke up but just 5.5 games back with 130 games or so to play after their nightmare start.

Chin up and Shoulders back Angels fans! We're taking 3 of 4 up here in Seattle. I'm going tonight and to all four games.

I think the team will get into the mix and stay there all year and the pennant race will be fun. However, the rotation is probably the worst of all playoff contenders. The bullpen is iffy on a good day. Is there hope the team can make the playoffs? Yes. Win a World Series? No way dude

I'm actually surprised we're only 8-12 after yet another terribly slow start and a breakout of guys injured/unavailable within a three week period.  Jepsen, Burnett and Madson have been unavailable, Callaspo and Aybar are still out, Weaver breaks an arm, Pujols' foot is jacked, Hanson misses his start for the bereavement list (not that I had much confidence in him vs. the Rangers anyways).

I'm not saying we'll be fine; the Rangers are obviously looking like a much more complete team than us so far.  Just that things really aren't that awful given what we've had to deal with.  We've had 20 games and 15 have been against playoff contenders.  Other than us, the Rangers have played the Astros, Cubs, Mariners seven times, and a Rays club that was ice cold at the time.   Starting in early May we play nearly 30 straight games against these teams: Royals, White Sox, Astros, Mariners, Cubs.  We have a chance to take advantage of a very favorable schedule and we really need to do so in order to stay in the race.    

IMO the Rangers are just a better overall team than the Angels. Being this far back already doesn't bode real well for the division title but who knows, maybe the Rangers end up with significant injuries too. With that said the Angels still have plenty of opportunity for wild card position.

IMO the Rangers are just a better overall team than the Angels. Being this far back already doesn't bode real well for the division title but who knows, maybe the Rangers end up with significant injuries too. With that said the Angels still have plenty of opportunity for wild card position.

texas has several players on the dl

Yes but not their "stars" yet.

They lost Harrison just like how we lost Weaver (to chronic back injuries -- similar story as Dan Haren)  He was their best pitcher last year. Since they're deeper than us and Darvish is emeging as an ace it isn't killing them.

I think the team will get into the mix and stay there all year and the pennant race will be fun. However, the rotation is probably the worst of all playoff contenders. The bullpen is iffy on a good day. Is there hope the team can make the playoffs? Yes. Win a World Series? No way dude

Pretty much. No way this team can get through Oct vs the elite teams with Hanson/Blanson/Vargas

It's still only April.  Heck, last year at this time we were 6-12 and 8.5 games out of first.  This year we're 8-12 and 5.5 games out. 

Progress!  By 2016 we should have a .500 month to start the season.

It's all good. We just need to hang in there until the trade deadline when we trade Lucho, Cron, and Conger for a starting pitcher to help us through the stretch run. Said pitcher will be slightly better than average for us and then sign with another team in the off-season. It's cool though, because we will then make a big offensive splash and sign an over 30 year old power hitting third baseman.

End up with injuries? They missing 3 of their 5 expected starting pitchers. Colby Lewis, Matt Harrison and Martin Perez..

yes teams rarely come back from a 5.5 deficit in April.

How many games back were the A's last year in May?

It's ridiculous to give any player over 30 a contract that exceeds three years. 

Even if they have to overpay for those three years, it's still night and day cheaper than having to absorb another 3-7 years on a player that can barely swing a bat any longer.