• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hotels in Tempe

First see if there are any vacancies in the area because you are booking about 2 months late. Hotels in the area vary widely in quality but for convenience and better than average hotel service the Doubletree that we held the Angelswin fanfest has stadium shuttle service.

Edited by notti

I used to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Scottsdale up until a few years ago when I stumbled upon an extended stay called Value Place. There are 3 in the valley and 7 nights will run you less than $400. Catch is they don't give you anything except towels and 1 roll of TP...for this reason it is affectionately known at "bring your own shitpaper suites" in my home. All kidding aside, it actually works out pretty well. We just pack light and hit up a Wal Mart when we get into town to stock up the fridge and other essentials.

Was thinking about catching some spring training games. Any recommendations on hotels near the stadium?

I recommend Embassy Suites, two locations near by and both easy drives to Ball Park.  I like their free breakfast and their afternoon free cocktails and snacks, followed by a Hot Tub.  Workout Room in morning is great too.

I would also check out the Rustlers Rooste for a great afforadble BBQ dinner it has great views up on the hill and the Rattle Snake is always good eats.  Just a really fun place!

Rattlesnake?  I'll pass!

I just read an article about a retired fan who was supposed to watch the Angels - Reds game earlier this week but had to be hospitalized because he was bitten by a rattlesnake who was beneath his trailer.  

The Rattlesnake is awesome, Rustler Rooste makes it perfect.   I was riding dirt bikes in the desert one year only to come back to our trucks and find two or three under our equipment trailer and truck.  Got my heart racing!!  had to jump on trailer, then into back of truck and then jump into driver seat and pull up about 100 yards or so.

I was at the San Diego County Fair around 4th of July one time and there was a concession grilling rattlesnake.  I passed.

Here is one for you.  Today is National Meatball Day and I could go try Alligator meatballs, but I won't.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/national-meatball-day-not-alligator-article-1.2557953

Alligator is really good and good for you!  I am not sure how good a meat ball would be but I like Alligator steaks grilled.