• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who, if anyone, can beat Ken Griffey Jr.'s Hall of Fame vote record?

gotbeer

i'm not sure yet about david ortiz. there's so much favorable sentimentality for him, and during his prime he always seemed to come up clutch at the right moments. but he's also mentioned in the mitchell report. i think he could get 95% of the vote or 50%, depending on how the writers are feeling and whether or not they change their stance on the PED users.

If Edgar Martinez went this long without getting in, Ortiz will go longer.

If Edgar Martinez went this long without getting in, Ortiz will go longer.

one thing that will work in ortiz's favor is helping to break the 86 year world series title drought, and then winning two more world series with the sox. edgar didn't come close to anything like that.

I am trying to figure out how Griffey Jr. didn't get 100 %  

How could you leave him off the ballot?

Jeetz with all the NY hype will get 100% (and should this happen, expect some of those same NY / East Coast HOF voters make sure that in the future some of the guys mentioned below are LEFT OFF a ballot or two, just to maintain Jeetz' status as the ONLY player with unanimous vote -- is Jeetz deserving of being the only guy in the HOF with a unanimous vote? NO. -- Aaron, Mays, Ruth, Griffey Jr., Walter Johnson, Bob Feller perhaps) -- we almost are getting to the point where we need a two tiered HOF -- the very few very elite players -- and then all the rest.

I don't think Mariano Rivera will -- some HOF voters (well, at least the ones before this year's 'purge') just won't vote for a relief pitcher first time on the ballot.

Pujols has a chance but if some folks left Griffey Jr. off,  some of those folks will leave Pujols off.

Griffey Jr. -- Great defensive player, has power, has speed, has all the milestone numbers (hits, HR and even SBs) for HOF - plus - Griffey Jr. was undisputably 'the face of the game./ MLB' for a good 8 to 10 year period when he was with Seattle.  If Junior doesn't get 100 percent, no one should in my book.

But then these are the same folks (well, there was the purge) who somehow didn't make Craig Biggio a first ballot guy when he clearly should have been.

If Clayton Kershaw can maintain the numbers he's been putting up -- he could be not only a first ballot guy but top Griffey's numbers. But Kershaw has a long way to go. His 300 strike outs stat for 2015 season was incredible.