• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos

You forget the intangible factor here. Nathan is probably going to work differently with the tying run in scoring position.

That's a bunch of b.s. You and others would've bitched and blamed the loss on Bourjos if he would've got thrown out trying to steal with Albert or Trumbo up to bat.  

lol the dude leads off the 9th with the only hit in the inning and some of you act like it would have made a difference with him standing on second when NONE of the next 3 hitters did anything to show they were remotely ready to approach the at-bat in a way to drive the run in. 

Premium example of yet another Bourjos hate thread.

If he doesn't have the green light, he doesn't have it. Not much he can do about it. Like others have mentioned, even Trouts running has been non-existent.  

lol the dude leads off the 9th with the only hit in the inning and some of you act like it would have made a difference with him standing on second when NONE of the next 3 hitters did anything to show they were remotely ready to approach the at-bat in a way to drive the run in. 

If he doesn't have the green light, he doesn't have it. Not much he can do about it. Like others have mentioned, even Trouts running has been non-existent.  

Um, no hate, but he does need to work on stealing, does he not?

Um, no hate, but he does need to work on stealing, does he not?

I was referring mostly to the majority of OP's posts in this thread.

I have no clue if he needs to work on it, much like Trout, we haven't seen him steal at all this season.

As far as I'm concerned this HAS to do something with Skip telling them to hold up at first. 

Not a Bourjos hater by any means. I like Peter and I want him to reach his potential. I don't like him always anchored at first base until someone hits the ball.

Blazing speed and doesn't steal? That's just not right, anyway you look at it.

edit: I'll concede that Scioscia might be the problem here. But the whole thing has been a mystery to me ever since Peter got here. 

Blazing speed and doesn't steal? That's just not right, anyway you look at it.

And by that standard you have to put Trout into consideration as well.

It's gotta be something from coaching/management saying not to waste outs on the basepaths, and let the big guns drive them in. 

I was referring mostly to the majority of OP's posts in this thread.

I have no clue if he needs to work on it, much like Trout, we haven't seen him steal at all this season.

As far as I'm concerned this HAS to do something with Skip telling them to hold up at first. 

But why? All the time with Bourjos, it seems. And now we see Trout hardly ever going.

Thank you! Just seems like no matter what Bourjos does it's never good enough for a lot of people on this board! Obviously he doesn't have the green light. Not sure anyone does...

Because with Trout stealing in front of Pujols, they pitch around his lethal bat to get to Hamilton. Now with Trumbo there or if Hamilton gets rolling like he usually does, you are likely to see Trout run more. 

Im not sure this is true. You are correct that Scioscia isn't running with Trout because Pujols is hitting well behind him, and likely Bourjos isn't running because Trout is behind him. Even if Hamilton heats up I expect this to continue. There isn't much incentive to run with Pujols at the plate because Trout can score from first on a lot of likely outcomes. 

Running is something you see when lesser hitters are at the plate - its part of manufacturing runs. I don't expect to see Trout running much if he stays in the 2 spot with a hot hitter behind him

Im not sure this is true. You are correct that Scioscia isn't running with Trout because Pujols is hitting well behind him, and likely Bourjos isn't running because Trout is behind him. Even if Hamilton heats up I expect this to continue. There isn't much incentive to run with Pujols at the plate because Trout can score from first on a lot of likely outcomes. 

Running is something you see when lesser hitters are at the plate - its part of manufacturing runs. I don't expect to see Trout running much if he stays in the 2 spot with a hot hitter behind him

This club is really going out of their way to not pad Trout's stats. (not that there's anything wrong with that) All the people who drafted trout this year in fantasy are super bummed. No Centerfield, no stealing. Craig Landis must be pissed :(

Fastest guy in baseball turns into a snail at first base.

Something's wrong here.

On the car ride home, I talked with my bf about that. It seems really off. Maybe he doesn't have the green light, but if he doesn't have it he definitely isn't trying to use his speed to his advantage. There might be more than one factor, but it is somewhat disheartening to see someone with that speed just standing at first base waiting for someone to hit the ball before he decides he should run.

I don't think Trout stays at the 2 hole though. The reason he may run more when Hamilton heats up is because they are more likely to challenge Pujols rather than pitch around him, even with a base open.