• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Diego County Angels fans: is MLB.TV an option?

70runner

Northern San Diego County: both FSW and MLBEI carried Angels games until this weekend.  FSW had some snow skiing gig and MLBEI had the blackout banner for today's game .  I visited the MLB.TV site and it states that only the Padres are blacked out for my ZIP.  I called them to verify and the rep confirmed "only the Padres are blacked out in your area."  Not sure I trust this, AFAIK the blackout rules don't change based on the carrier.?.

Anyone in San Diego County with MLB.TV, do you get Angels games?

Currently in Oceanside and FWS has never aired Angels games this season (via COX cable). Last season I got some ST games only. Not so this season.

MLB.TV doesn't black out the Angels games EXCEPT where noted on their site. Mainly early weekend games in the East, when FOX or ESPN carries the game...

So yes.

Given the above, I wonder why blackout rules are different from FSW/MLBEI to MLB.TV?  Anyone know?

They aren't. MLB EI and MLB.TV are subject to the same blackout rules.

If you subscribe to MLB EI outside of an Angel home market, the FSW channel will open up for the game.

I had MLB EI a few years ago but have graduated to MLB.tv, so many more features for cheaper I believe, The game will show on the FSW channel and the special EI channel at the same time, Same can be said if you have all the other Fox Sports Channels.

I've used MLB.tv for the past 4 years and I don't think I'll ever go a season without it. The Phone App is amazing, I can Watch/Listen to any game anywhere I go. Gym etc. (Thank god for unlimited data!) I stream the games to my TV in HD from my PS3. Never had any issues, the HD looks great and it's cool being able to watch the Home and Away feeds of every game. But this does require a nice internet connection.

Only time I can't watch the Angels is when its a nationally televised game. Living in a national league market, if there's a fox/espn game at the same time that's National league I get that one.

I'm stuck with Time Warner and they don't have a deal with the Padres to show games so I don't get any of them unless they play the Dodgers.

I'm stuck with Time Warner and they don't have a deal with the Padres to show games so I don't get any of them unless they play the Dodgers.

So you are considerd in-market for Padres AND Dodgers, but not Angels? That seems bizarre.

The  game on FOX Saturday Game a few weeks ago  (which was supposed to be the Angels) turned out to be Cards/Giants (?). Then last Saturday it was actually the Angels game! The Angels game on the 1st Saturday was blacked out on MLB.tv because they are contractually prohibited from streaming the games when they are on FOX (even tho FOX wasn't showing the Angels game in this zip code).

It is bizarre. I'm paying monthly for the MLB.tv basic.

Don't have any experience with the cable MLB extra innings package.

I'm in Carlsbad and have had it now going on 3 seasons.  I watch it on my IPhone, IPad and PS3 and its great.  My only complaint is that sometimes the audio, especially on the PS3, is bad and I echo what others have said about the blackouts--can be annoying especially on Saturdays, those games are always blacked out.  But, for the most part, the picture is fine and I don't have many issues with streaming.

I would recommend it.  If nothing else, being able to watch on your phone or on the go is reason enough to get it. 

I usually go to some free sites like the ones mentioned here and some others.  I am not sure if I can name them or not.  PM ME if you want them.  If you go the pay route, MLB.TV works for the Angels in San Diego.  I am in Oceanside and had MLB.TV last year and watched a lot of games through my PS3. 

Wow, a lot of N County fans.  Thx for responses.  On the MLB.TV blackout details page, when I click the green (to find out which Club's live games are blacked out in your current location) button, it comes up with an IP/ZIP near downtown San Diego, about 40mi south of us.  Perhaps my provider location, TWC?  So I thought cool, it thinks I'm in downtown San Diego, apparently outside of the Angels "area".  Entered my actual ZIP on the next line, same answer, only Padres blacked out.  

Still seems odd that FSW and MLBEI blacks out Angels telecasts around here, but apparently MLB.TV doesn't.  I'm guessing it isn't an exact science.  I've also noticed that MLBEI isn't consistent, they blocked Sunday's game and didn't block last nights game. 

I'm aware of the streaming alternatives, but the video/audio is often choppy and some of these sites get my anti-virus program pretty excited.