• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The offseason

TroutField

What do you guys think will be in store? Any trade proposals you think would make sense, free agents we should go after? And all the FO stuff andbody have a GM or manager they would like to see take over if Scisocia is gone (not likely) just something else to talk about besides trying to push the blame on Don Baylor and missing out on Chase Utley.

It's tough to say until we know who the GM is. 

I'd wager that they'll overpay for an underperforming OF free agent. 

Edited by failos

I'd like us to go after Heyward. His numbers are trending up, and he seems to be figuring it out offensively. He's only 26, brings premium defense and baserunning. High baseball IQ. He'll cost a pretty penny, but I'm sure Arte will open up his pocket book.

Does Kole move over to LF or do we start Heyward (who was 0 career games in LF) there?

Does Kole move over to LF or do we start Heyward (who was 0 career games in LF) there?

I think Calhoun would move to left but that outfield would be tremendous defensively. I feel like it will be hard to talk him away from the Cardinals though, being a Cardinal guarantees they are always in contention to win. Who knows maybe Arte will throw it all out on the table because we need good offensive players bad. This is the offseason I think where we see if Arte is really commited to winning or is just in this for the profit. If he wants he can go get Heyward, Wieters, a bullpen arm and pull off a trade for a second baseman or third baseman and really push us into the conversation of best team in the AL with plenty of young pitching and enough offense to back it up followed by a deep bullpen. Or he can keep the team as is, let all the money come off the books and kind of head into a retool with Cron at Dh, Cowart at 3rd, Gia at 2nd, Bandy and Perez at Catcher, and sign a low tier guy for left.

I'd go with a team that's pushing 40 to surround Trout.

Ichiro OF

Otis Nixon has to be playing somewhere, Mexican Leagues? OF

Rickey Henderson player-coach

Eric Chavez 3B

Rollins and Utley 2B and SS

Pujols at 1B

Lure Bengie Molina out of retirement C

Key piece is to bring in Jamie Moyer to be a pitcher-coach-mentor for Weaver

All we can hope for in the offseason is that Arte hires a GM who has the freedom and guts to clean house..

New manager, coaches, new energy....

But that won't happen, so we will all be back here bitching about the same shit we been bitching about since at least 2010.

(earlier for some of us)

This offseason, I expect we see both a trade and a FA signing.

We will have a surplus of starting pitching, which I think will be moved for a piece, and hopefully we can see some like Heyward or Upton for the OF.

I am hoping the Cowart can handle 3B next year (more offensively than defensively)

Next year:

C - Perez/Ianetta

1B/DH - Cron/Pujols

2B - ?

SS - Aybar

3B - Cowart?

LF - ?

CF - Trout

RF - Calhoun

SP - Weaver, Richards, Heaney, Skaggs (Trop, Santiago, Shoe and Wilson battle for 5 spot), I think Santiago gets moved.

BP - Smith, Street, some holes to fill.

This offseason, I expect we see both a trade and a FA signing.

We will have a surplus of starting pitching, which I think will be moved for a piece, and hopefully we can see some like Heyward or Upton for the OF.

I am hoping the Cowart can handle 3B next year (more offensively than defensively)

Next year:

C - Perez/Ianetta

1B/DH - Cron/Pujols

2B - ?

SS - Aybar

3B - Cowart?

LF - ?

CF - Trout

RF - Calhoun

SP - Weaver, Richards, Heaney, Skaggs (Trop, Santiago, Shoe and Wilson battle for 5 spot), I think Santiago gets moved.

BP - Smith, Street, some holes to fill.

several problems with this.

I think Calhoun would move to left but that outfield would be tremendous defensively. I feel like it will be hard to talk him away from the Cardinals though, being a Cardinal guarantees they are always in contention to win. Who knows maybe Arte will throw it all out on the table because we need good offensive players bad. This is the offseason I think where we see if Arte is really commited to winning or is just in this for the profit. If he wants he can go get Heyward, Wieters, a bullpen arm and pull off a trade for a second baseman or third baseman and really push us into the conversation of best team in the AL with plenty of young pitching and enough offense to back it up followed by a deep bullpen. Or he can keep the team as is, let all the money come off the books and kind of head into a retool with Cron at Dh, Cowart at 3rd, Gia at 2nd, Bandy and Perez at Catcher, and sign a low tier guy for left.

I disagree with this statement. Not spending big bucks this offseason doesn't necessarily mean he isn't committed to winning. Sometimes the most prudent thing to do is sit tight and regroup, let things play out, wait for bad contracts to come off the books, etc. 

Hard to predict any player movement until the front office is in place. If MS is back look for Bud Black as a possible Gm. If by some remote chance that MS will not be back then maybe Klentak and Servais will be retained.

The needs for 2016 are LF, 3B, the pen, 2B and catcher. I would target Matt Wieters at catcher and a hard thrower for the pen. LF needs to be a power position or a high OBP guy, hopefully both.

All we can hope for in the offseason is that Arte hires a GM who has the freedom and guts to clean house..

New manager, coaches, new energy....

But that won't happen, so we will all be back here bitching about the same shit we been bitching about since at least 2010.

(earlier for some of us)

Do you really think the bitching will ever end, under any circumstances, I don't.  It may be different things we bitch about, but it will never end.

"Do you really think the bitching will ever end, under any circumstances, I don't. It may be different things we bitch about, but it will never end."

Personally, I would welcome something different to bitch about. The old topics don't seem to go away, and I'm really, really, really ...tired of em.

I disagree with this statement. Not spending big bucks this offseason doesn't necessarily mean he isn't committed to winning. Sometimes the most prudent thing to do is sit tight and regroup, let things play out, wait for bad contracts to come off the books, etc. 

Yeah, I would say that's correct.  Arte's spending plenty, unfortunately a lot of it dead money on non-performers or guys not even here (Hamilton anyone?).

The only way Perez is handed the reigns as primary catcher is if Scioscia is gone.

The FA pickens for catchers is a mighty poor lookin list.

Trading for a solid prospect seems prudent at this time...

How nice would a solid hitting catcher be? If Cowart can work out @3B, the next position that needs to be addressed is C, with a capital C.

I think if Gia plays winter ball and works hard on his D, he has the makings of a decent option as a starter @2B.

Be a shame to waste a whole year of work in the bigs, just to send him back to SLC or to another team.

2B is one of the last places I would upgrade.

My offseason priorities:

LF

C

BP

3B - I'd like to give it Cowart

2B

I think we find help in the first three spots, and than play the hand we are dealt.