• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The offseason

TroutField

I follow the rest of baseball a decent amount but the Marlins are a team that I have no idea about, I don't know what their needs are but maybe Gia, Chris Ellis, and Cam Bedrosian. Sounds like a fair offer but again, it also depends on the holes the Marlins need to fill.

Nobody wants Gia

was less about criticizing Scioscia and more about not letting TD use the argument that MS must be doing a great job since the roster is so bad and we're still in contention. In reality, both sides of the MS argument use the 'Scioscia must have told them to/not get a hit' in whatever way suits them.

I don't have a problem with those who are clamouring for new blood at the manager position. Just be careful for what you ask for ... the odds are that the team will regress some ... Mike is still one of the best managers in the game.

All managers make mistakes in game situations including Mr. Bochy ... it goes with the territory. It's easy to be a critic after the fact.

If Mike stays ... he may need to get a few new coaches.

I'd go with a team that's pushing 40 to surround Trout.

Ichiro OF

Otis Nixon has to be playing somewhere, Mexican Leagues? OF

Rickey Henderson player-coach

Eric Chavez 3B

Rollins and Utley 2B and SS

Pujols at 1B

Lure Bengie Molina out of retirement C

Key piece is to bring in Jamie Moyer to be a pitcher-coach-mentor for Weaver

Angels should sign Livan Hernandez. I'm sure he has another three-four good years left in him. 

I still think the Angels end up going after Heyward and surpassing the luxury tax for one year, until Weav and Wildon's contracts are off the books. Heyward's LH, improved the defense, he's young, has upside, reaches base and can hit anywhere 1-5.

I also think Jett Bandy breaks in as a platoon catcher with Perez.

Wildon would have been a better surname for Wilson given his command issues.

I follow the rest of baseball a decent amount but the Marlins are a team that I have no idea about, I don't know what their needs are but maybe Gia, Chris Ellis, and Cam Bedrosian. Sounds like a fair offer but again, it also depends on the holes the Marlins need to fill.

You can look to shop Tropeano  ...young controllable pitching is a great commodity.

I don't see how anyone can say that Moreno isn't committed to winning. He spent a ton of money on players who were supposed to carry the team. All of them have underperformed, and one is playing for a division rival. He has spent a lot of money. He just hasn't gotten much of a return out of it - which, in my mind, might make him leery of going down that path again. Indiscriminate spending doesn't represent a commitment to winning.

Actually, no, he is on the DL again.

I think he could be decent in the NL. I also see his defense improving.

Giavotella has exactly zero trade value. His only trade use would have been if we got a 2B at the deadline and a selling team needed a warm body for a couple of months to fill second base. Also, he has been playing 2B for a long time in the minors and majors and is still atrocious. He's not ever going to be acceptable with the glove.

Gordon is an elite 2B under club control for a long time to come. It's going to take more than one good prospect, a reliever who has stunk every time he makes the MLB and a replacement level 2B to make that happen.

Do you really think the bitching will ever end, under any circumstances, I don't.  It may be different things we bitch about, but it will never end.

That's what sports boards are for. Fans vent about things that make them unhappy, whether it's Mathis, Scioscia, Butcher, DiSarcina, Baylor, the bullpen, C. J. Wilson, Hamilton, Pujols, Iannetta, Freese, Joyce...