• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols says he can play SS if needed

KevinJ14

The Angels' makeshift infield had survived.

"It's about winning," Pujols said, "and whatever it takes to win."

Pujols frequently takes grounders at shortstop and told Ebel in the batting cage pregame that he could play there if needed.

"No chance," Ebel told him.

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/143005488/albert-pujols-back-at-third-for-ninth-inning

Edited by KevinJ14

I don't think you guys give Pujols enough credit defensively. At first base, he's immaculate.

I will say there's no way he'd have the range of most MLB middle infielders, but if that balls in a place he can get to, I have confidence he'd be able to make the snag, and have a strong accurate throw wherever it needs to go. You've seen his throws when he turns 3-6-3 double plays right? I don't think I've ever seen him throw the ball away.

Trout, "it's about winning, I can play short if needed"

AW-"that's a team player, love that guy"

Albert, "it's about winning. I can play short if needed"

AW-"what a delusional piece of shit".

Have you taken to making up hypothetical scenarios in order to shame AW members?

Am I wrong

Technically, yes. Trout at least is athletic enough to hold down SS for a game if it came down to that. Pujols there (even with his phenomenal 1B defense) would make Grant Green look like a gold glover there. Highly doubt it would help the team in any way.