• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greinke: can someone please remind me...

howie

I don't know that a formal offer was made. The Angels backed off fairly early in the process, because it was apparent that what he was seeking was well beyond what they were willing to pay. Word was that they weren't going to get into a bidding war with the Dodgers.

I found this article from MLB.com that discusses it.

He wasn't very effective his first month and his general awkwardness didn't necessarily lead to must sign feelings. While he was pitching for the Angels I thought he gave a general unhappy when pitching vibe. Free agency coincided with new Dodgers ownership, which was buy everything.

He wasn't very effective his first month and his general awkwardness didn't necessarily lead to must sign feelings. While he was pitching for the Angels I thought he gave a general unhappy when pitching vibe. Free agency coincided with new Dodgers ownership, which was buy everything.

If he had pitched for us like he is pitching now.......

The one game I remember him pitching was against the royals in September when that **** head frieri gave up a walk off homer

Scioscia gave Greinke a ridiculously quick hook in that game. Shutout with one out in the 9th and a base runner reaches via a fluke infield single. Frieri gave up back to back homers, then in the post game interview shrugged his shoulders and basically said he pitched great but the other team got lucky.

My guess is Greinke didn't particularly want to work with Scioscia anymore after that.

EDIT: Lou pointed out I posted the incorrect number of hits for Greinke in that game. Nevertheless, my commentary against Sciosicia was still on the mark.

Edited by ScottLux

I remember that Greinke was going to the highest bidder, but how much were the Angels off? I was just thinking how different things may have been if we'd been able to get Greinke instead of Hamilton.

The difference would have been the Angels losing 2-1 stead of 4-3.

Like monkey said that KC game really sticks out for me also. I remember exactly where I was at the time Carolina's Italian restaurant drinking Brother Thelonious beer with my meal. After Greinke pitched such a great game against his former team Frieri comes in to blow it up. Greinke must have felt like Thelonious pitcher on the team after that.

Would love to have him back with the way he has been pitching.

Disclaimer- I have an Angels Greinke jersey

Edited by Jimmag

If Greinke can get past the Mets in his next start, it's possible the Angels might have to face Greinke who would be going for the record on July 31st.

Though, that would be on 6 days rest, if he keeps his normal spot in the rotation. It seems more likely that they might bump him up in the rotation and pitch him on normal rest on July 29th against the A's. He would avoid the Angels altogether in that scenario.

I hope Greinke can get past the Mets, I would love to see the Angels have a shot at him.