• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels looking at Samardzija and Bucholz?

Okay my 2 cents.... 1) This could simply be the Angels name being thrown in a hat by a Boston beat writer and could simply be BS, 2) If we did get into the playoffs which three do we roll out in a short series? Richards, Santiago, Weaver?, 3) It could be that we are trading Wilson and someone like Shoemaker (total HYPOTHETICAL) and we'll need a replacement starter, 4) Shark's pitch repertoire is a little different from what we currently have in our rotation (different looks that Dipoto and Scioscia like so much), 5) Shark has been a little more line drive and flyball oriented this season which might play better in Anaheim, 6) Samardzija has experienced some BABIP issues this year however part of that is the increased line drive % mitigated by the increased flyball % (>LD% is bad for BABIP while >FB% is good for BABIP for pitchers), 7) hitters have been making more contact in and out of the zone this year against Shark which is probably due to what looks like increased cutter usage, 8) the Angels may try to have Shark go back to more two-seam fastballs like he did last year in his successful 2014 year, and 9) this could be total BS and I just wasted a few minutes looking up data for why we would be looking at Shark in the first place?

Actually, I'd be OK with the Sox throwing in Brock Holt.

Or Pedroia, who would be thrilled to actually play on a MLB INF surface, and not the crap INF surface in Baahston.

(I know he went on the DL.   Just wanted to have an LOL out of his dumping on their INF surface after the 2009 ALDS.)

i am good with getting samar...if we are going to keep him.  he won't carry a draft pick if we lose him ala grienke and I don't think we are in a position to say this dude puts us over the top to compete when most or our crap is on the hitting side of the ball.   never in million years trade a richards for him...for one we probably are not not going to offer him 120million bucks to stay.   i would rather just sign him after he is traded so we don't lose the pick.   maybe throw in an offer this year being 3rd best so he knows we are interested when the time comes to sign.