• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I thought we played them pretty well. Washington had a few shifts in the 2nd where they carried the play and probably the first 7 or 8 mins of the 3rd they had the Ducks on their heels. The Ducks had plenty of good shifts themselves tho and if you look at the charts we traded chances pretty evenly. Anyway, lose a coin flip in the shoot out. Not the worst thing in the world.

Caps%201_zpsknrtbmod.png?t=1457334166

Caps%202_zpsbphzmhql.png?t=1457334168

Edited by UndertheHalo

I would not be surprised if the Capitals don't get past the first or 2nd round in the playoffs.

As good as they have been, all that success in the regular season means nothing when the playoffs start.

I'm ok if the Ducks finish 2nd in the division, all that matters is winning in the playoffs.

Even the Lidstrom era RedWings lost in the 1st round to the 8th seed Oilers in 2006 or the 2009 SJ Sharks that fell apart after the presidents trophy win.

Except for Pavel Datsyuk, Russians NHLer's don't show up in the playoffs.

Fun game to watch. Lived up to the hype. Reminds me of the Chicago Anaheim game in 2013. Ducks didn't look their best but give credit to Washington. Holtby played a great game. Ducks just couldn't connect on a lot of passes. Made some bad decisions on the odd man breakouts. 

Holtby and Gibson were both great.  Pretty much, a team like Washington is going to get its chances.  Its all about limiting them.  I thought the Ducks actually took the Washington D apart a few more times then they got through ours (legit scoring chances).  We just misfired or couldn't connect on those opportunities and credit Holtby for some of that.  Gibson also denied them on their chances almost every time. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Looking back on yesterdays game.  I thought we did well. 

But let me know what you all think?  I think a huge flaw got exposed on the Ducks.

The Kessler line was amazing.  Just shut down Ovechkin until late in the game.  Really, that line is the unsung heroes of the team, because what they do doesn't show up in the goals/assists/points. 

The huge hole in the Ducks is, if a team, and there are very few of them, has 2 very good lines.  Because it seemed like the second line of the Capitals were having their way with us.  It only showed up as one goal on the score sheet, but we all saw that swarming that they were doing. 

There is just a huge difference in mentality and skill in d between current Getzlaf and Perry line and the Kessler line.  And the Capitals I thought really exposed that.  It's great when the Getzlaf and Perry lines can play offense.  But the moment they get put on their heels, it becomes a wide open shootout in a very bad way. 

IMO, if the Ducks want to win the entire thing, that's something that needs to be addressed.  Because I think it's going to catch up and bite us come playoff time.

The problem is the shutdown line is just pure shit aside from Kesler when it comes to scoring. Cogs and Silf are so bad its not even funny anymore. You just know anytime they're on the ice and a decent scoring chance appears it'll go nowhere due to the stone hands from Cogs or Silf air mailing every damn shot he attempts. So frustrating to watch.

I thought the Ducks played well last night, sure Caps carried play at times but so did the Ducks.  Both goaltenders were outstanding.  It's impossible for the Ducks to look great against the Caps and vice versa because they are both great teams.  I was sitting next to a few Caps fans at the game who were frustrated with their teams play.