• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN Baseball Stinks

LAAMike

The Angels/Cubs game today was butchered by ESPN. Too much commentary and not enough play by play. Particularly commentary that did not relate to a very interesting game being played. Who cares what Epstein has to say - he is a baseball executive and thus a politician and will reveal nothing before he is ready to reveal it. This was a good effort by the Angels and the first time that many of us have seen the Cubs prospects but the coverage was terrible. Interesting game by Giavotella - 3 hits, a stolen base, a base running gaffe and a couple of bad throws. Rutledge K's in his only AB.

Ye gods, yes. I finally ended up muting it because I just couldn't stand listening to them. And what was with the weird random shots? During one of the innings they focused on a plane flying by for a good minute or so instead of focusing on what was happening on the field, and at another point they totally cut to another random thing and missed someone's AB.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

i like listening to the gm's and at this time...kinda like listening to dipoto....both good looking young dudes doing what we all wish we could do.   I like the pitch box on the screen....that way i can count the make up pitches easier.   nobody likes the angels that is for sure...hopefully we can sneak up on people this year.   that is a beautiful spring training park....blows ours away.

I was actually watching the Kings game and went back and listened to what Epstein said.  I found it interesting. Maybe he said the same thing in another interview, but I didn't see it.  It is a spring training game.  How much should they get into the game.  There's a lot of dead time in baseball announcing anyway.  

I liked Schilling's questioning. He was direct, but respecful.   I think Epstein is kinda full of shit, but that's part of the job, I suppose.  If they send him to the minors and call him up the day the first day his clock can be delayed... they are obviously doing it solely for future financial reasons and it has nothing to do with him being ready, the fact they like to bring up rookies when the season is underway, etc.  

Ye gods, yes. I finally ended up muting it because I just couldn't stand listening to them. And what was with the weird random shots? During one of the innings they focused on a plane flying by for a good minute or so instead of focusing on what was happening on the field, and at another point they totally cut to another random thing and missed someone's AB.

Maybe they wanted to make sure the co-pilot wasn't going to intentionally crash it into the Superstition Mountains.

Or something.

Maybe they wanted to make sure the co-pilot wasn't going to intentionally crash it into the Superstition Mountains.

Or something.

The airplane thing was in a talk about the high sky in Arizona which makes high flies so interesting for the outfielders.

The airplane thing was in a talk about the high sky in Arizona which makes high flies so interesting for the outfielders.

You could make a case that a really sunny day in (pick your park) makes it interesting for outfielders due to the high sky.

I can remember a few games in Oakland and Seattle where the sky (and the sun) made things rather interesting.