• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How exactly has Scioscia screwed up?

If you are asking how he has screwed up this season, that is pretty easy to answer.  On Tuesday he screwed up by not having Burnett ready to go in case they pinch hit, which they did.  Last night he screwed up by not having Lowe or Williams start the 6th.  Then when Lowe got in trouble, he should have gone with Williams in my opinion. 

I think its laughable to say he hasn't made any good decisions since opening day.  If the moves work they are good moves, if they don't then they were bad.  He is using the same guys he used on opening day that pitched lights out against a good team that he is using now.  The only difference is these guys aren't getting the outs.  We have had threads here talking about how good Lowe looked in Cincy, well that didn't last long.  That isn't on Scioscia.  Jepsen had a 0 ERA going into Tuesday night, so I can understand leaving him in even though it didn't work.  Someone said why not just leave Downs in to face Cespedes last night, I am sure if he would have allowed a game tying hit or a home run then that same someone would have blamed it on Scioscia.  Its results that make you good or bad, and the same players that got him good results on opening day are giving him shit right now. 

Now as for last night I completely disagree with him bringing in De La Rosa (I think that is his name) in that situation.  Once again if I am going to speculate he brought him in because he thought he had a better chance of striking someone out.  I personally wouldn't have put him in in that situation. 

Scioscia's lack of physical fitness probably doesn't light a fire under these guys to practice more or expend any additional effort.  This is pretty clear in Spring Training with the half-assed effort and early quits to their daily workouts.

I had several overweight coaches when I was in school.  Their standards were ALWAYS lower than the coaches in good physical shape.  It's not natural for them to go running or work up a sweat anymore -- because they can't -- so they don't force it upon anybody else. 

If you think this story is irrelevant, why are Angels players showing up overweight for ST every year?  Answer:  Because they know Scioscia won't say a word.  He can't.  How does a fatter guy call out someone who weighs 75 pounds less?

How many years have the Angels been shut out of the playoffs? How many times were they simply shut out last year? What is there record so far? What is Hamilton's batting average? How many batting titles has Kendrick won? How well did the can't miss prospects like Mathis and Wood do? How is that not players and team underperforming?

None of those questions go to Angels players generally under performing.

3 years

I don't know you tell me

2-5

None

Not well

How is that players generally under performing?

Scioscia's lack of physical fitness probably doesn't light a fire under these guys to practice more or expend any additional effort.  This is pretty clear in Spring Training with the half-assed effort and early quits to their daily workouts.

I had several overweight coaches when I was in school.  Their standards were ALWAYS lower than the coaches in good physical shape.  It's not natural for them to go running or work up a sweat anymore -- because they can't -- so they don't force it upon anybody else. 

If you think this story is irrelevant, why are Angels players showing up overweight for ST every year?  Answer:  Because they know Scioscia won't say a word.  He can't.  How does a fatter guy call out someone who weighs 75 pounds less?

it is irrelevant and they aren't despite the message board banter to the contrary.

Scioscia's lack of physical fitness probably doesn't light a fire under these guys to practice more or expend any additional effort. This is pretty clear in Spring Training with the half-assed effort and early quits to their daily workouts.

I had several overweight coaches when I was in school. Their standards were ALWAYS lower than the coaches in good physical shape. It's not natural for them to go running or work up a sweat anymore -- because they can't -- so they don't force it upon anybody else.

If you think this story is irrelevant, why are Angels players showing up overweight for ST every year? Answer: Because they know Scioscia won't say a word. He can't. How does a fatter guy call out someone who weighs 75 pounds less?

Pretty easy, they have different jobs.

Scioscia hasn't screwed up ... a good manager puts trust in his ball players. It's easy to manage a baseball game after you've seen the results. Scioscia is easily  one of the top ten managers in baseball.

It's a shame the team didn't make the playoffs last season ... because Mike did a hell of a job after the players decided to play to their potential.

it is irrelevant and they aren't despite the message board banter to the contrary.

Members of this board have documented (and I have confirmed myself) early quits by the Angels during their time in Spring Training.  Drive around to the other stadiums and you'll see full workouts taking place. 

Scioscia hasn't screwed up ... a good manager puts trust in his ball players. It's easy to manage a baseball game after you've seen the results. Scioscia is easily  one of the top ten managers in baseball.

It's a shame the team didn't make the playoffs last season ... because Mike did a hell of a job after the players decided to play to their potential.

No he's not.  His teams have not made the playoffs in this decade.

Pretty easy, they have different jobs.

Yeah, it's pretty easy if the manager in question has the balls to say it.  I don't think Scioscia does.  He's afraid to tell players the truth they so desperately need to hear. 

I think there ought to be a balance.  The manager shouldn't sit there nagging them about every imperfection, but he needs to grow some balls and say what needs to be said. 

Yeah, it's pretty easy if the manager in question has the balls to say it.  I don't think Scioscia does.  He's afraid to tell players the truth they so desperately need to hear. 

I think there ought to be a balance.  The manager shouldn't sit there nagging them about every imperfection, but he needs to grow some balls and say what needs to be said. 

Just more speculative BS with no substantiation 

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned where Trumbo bats in the lineup.  THIS MAN WAS BORN TO END INNINGS....There have been so many times this year already where there have been men in scoring position and this guy just strikes out...

I know Hamilton is struggling too, so how does it make sense to bat these guys back to back at the 4 and 5 slots.  Even if we get Trout or Pujols on base, it doesn't matter because Trumbo, the INNING-SLAYER, does not produce.  

Theoretically you want a power bat in the 5 hole , but I would just take someone who can consistently get a single like Kendrick or Callaspo. 

Lol @ your admonition. Go pound sand twerp. 

It's nearly impossible to have a decent exchange with you.  Anybody (including you) can disagree with me as frequently as they want ... just say WHY and plead your case.  That's why I come here, to DISCUSS things. 

You act like a child by rudely calling bullshit on somebody and then running off again...