• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2B battle during ST

xboom28x

Does Coors field make you a better hitter or does the ball just carry farther?

It's a combination. The light air does make balls carry farther, which led to the expansive outfield at Coors (designed to attempt to cut down cheap homers as much as possible). Large outfield and thin air means the outfielders generally have to play deep, which leaves a lot of room for balls to fall in. There is still a lot of room in the gaps as well because said outfielders have so much ground to cover.

And, the air is lighter, so balls do carry (last I heard) about 11% farther than at sea level.

Somehow I missed that part.

Iannetta had solid splits outside of his last year with the rockies.

That is actually not true. He had horrible splits in 2010 as well, and he hit .167 on the road in 2009 (albeit with a better OPS than in 2010 and 2011).

I am not saying Rutledge will be a good, or even passable hitter. Just that I wouldn't call him a product of Coors until I see what he does away from there. Also, the guy is still pretty young and could potentially improve.

I still don't get the Rutledge trade. But obviously Angels scouts see something in him that they like so I'll trust their judgment until proven otherwise.

I just don't want him to be handed the position because they traded a solid BP arm for him. If Green or Featherston has the better spring they should get the job.