• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your Kentucky Derby losers.

Exacta Box Sierra Leone, Stonghold, Resilience $6

Trifecta Sierra Leone, Stonghold, Resilience with Sierra Leone, Stronghold, Resilience, Honor Marie, Catching Freedom $18

Win/Place/Show Forever Young $5 ($15 total)

Lottery Ticket/Super 5.  Sierra Leone, stronghold with Sierra Leone, Stronghold with Catching Freedom with Resilience with Honor Marie $2

Total $41 in dead money.

29 minutes ago, Tank said:

i think i've heard less about the derby this year than all other years combined. it's been very, very quiet.

Which is funny, because this year is the 150th running/anniversary.  Or people have finally gotten tired of Churchill Downs killing horse racing.  

Crap weather it looks like.  So changed my bets I did.

Exacta Sierra Leone with Mystic Dan, Just a Touch, Stonghold, Resilience, Forever Young

Trifecta Sierra Leone with Mystic Dan, Forever Young with Mystic Dan, Forever Young, Cathcing Freedom, Just a Touch, Fierceness

Expect lightning to strike Sierra Leone when he leaves the gate.  

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Exacta Sierra Leone with Mystic Dan, Just a Touch, Stonghold, Resilience, Forever Young

Trifecta Sierra Leone with Mystic Dan, Forever Young with Mystic Dan, Forever Young, Cathcing Freedom, Just a Touch, Fierceness

Just checked with a friend who works at Churchill.  He says it stopped raining a short time ago and things will be good. 

I capped for the slop today and had a really good day. This was the best hit and I have tickets live in the Oaks/Derby double. 

IMG_4885.jpeg

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Just checked with a friend who works at Churchill.  He says it stopped raining a short time ago and things will be good. 

I capped for the slop today and had a really good day. This was the best hit and I have tickets live in the Oaks/Derby double. 

IMG_4885.jpeg

That's a good hit.  I hope you are right on the weather, looking at Louiville's weather tomorrow, it has rain all afternoon till early evening.

I did a two hour handicapping session tonight with some strong cappers.  I’m looking forward to putting together plays tonight. 

a few the group liked / good thorohraphs. 

R5 the 4.  Motorious

R8 Nash

Potential price play.  

R7 Coppice

R10 - 4 Mr Wireless

derby - 20 horse (especially if Fierceness scratches)

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I did a two hour handicapping session tonight with some strong cappers.  I’m looking forward to putting together plays tonight. 

a few the group liked / good thorohraphs. 

R5 the 4.  Motorious

R8 Nash

Potential price play.  

R7 Coppice

R10 - 4 Mr Wireless

derby - 20 horse (especially if Fierceness scratches)

Woah. You guys think fierceness might scratch?

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

On the bright side, at least I had the top 4 horses this time.  Just got beat out by a nose, because I can't have nice things.

23 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I hope you hit the $556 trifecta. Great call. 

@The Ghost of Bob Starr  So this is the article that I based my picks on.  Maybe a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.  But, if you include Forever young, which couldn't meet the stats because of International.  It predicted 1-4.  It was based on final fractions, brisnet, and beyer, and I tossed the final criteria listed, because that's a crock of shit by going on their pace rating.  Anyways, I crossed them, and the only ones that met all three were Catching Freedom, Fierceness, Mystik Dan, and Sierra Leone.  With Forever Young as a probably would have.  Again, blind squirrel.  But it could be another bullet you could use in your gun.  

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Kentucky_Derby_Fractions_figs_boil_down_to_1_winner_maybe_123

Posted (edited)

Preakness may be all new shooters.  Too bad Forever Young is going back home also, would like to see what he could do with a clean trip.  

Mystik Dan's Preakness Status Undecided, Others Pass

"Better-than-average chance we're going to send him and some others straight to Saratoga," he added.

One of the weighing factors for McPeek could be that when Mystik Dan broke his maiden at Churchill Downs Nov. 12, he ran a flat fifth in allowance company just 13 days later. The two-week turn-around could be too quick for Mystik Dan, but McPeek also noted that things could be different this time as a 3-year-old.

Chad Brown, fresh off a heartbreaking defeat as Sierra Leone came up inches short of Derby glory, made it clear Sunday morning that the Belmont will be the son of Gun Runner  's next start.

Connections for both Honor Marie  and West Saratoga  confirmed that the Belmont is currently their next target.

Third-place finisher Forever Young  and fifth-place finisher T O Password  will both bypass the remainder of the Triple Crown. They are scheduled to fly back to Japan early this week.

Brad Cox confirmed fourth-place finisher Catching Freedom  is not under consideration for the Preakness. Bill Mott said sixth-place finisher Resilience , who made a threatening move on the far turn before flattening out in the stretch, will not go forward with the Triple Crown, alluding to shorter races being in the colt's future.

Edited by gotbeer

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Played the ponies in Vegas.  Crushed a race in the slop at Churchill.  $571 $2 ex and $1 tri $1670.  

And the horse I loved finished second by a nose.  That hose was 28-1 I think. Had that won, it would have been bananas. 

IMG_5554.jpeg

IMG_5553.jpeg

Awesome hit @The Ghost of Bob Starr.  I’ve been in a tad bit of a losing streak lately so I took a week off.  Congrats on the win.