• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

that was a brilliant view, and it really showed things you can't always see from the side view.

i was at disneyland with my 8th graders the last three days. because of my knees i had to rent a scooter. i felt like i was in the middle of the kentucky derby trying to avoid all of the idiots that were in my way. i kept picturing this race specifically.

1 hour ago, Barf said:

Planning a trip to Colonial Downs in July. First time I will see racing in person. Can't wait!

A day at the races is brilliant fun, it's one of my favourite past-times. Horse racing is pretty big over here. I always end up in a nice little routine of first getting a beer, then checking out the horses I've short-listed the night before in the parade ring, then I lay my bet, then watch the race, then collect winnings or tear up betting slip, then it's time for another beer and a look at the horses for the next race and the routine starts over. Pretty tipsy by the final race.

Best advice I can offer is to decide how much per race you want to bet, then keep all of that money in a particular pocket. If you get any wins, they go into the wallet, not the betting pocket. It stops you from getting carried away and wasting a load of $$$ on bad bets late in the day, once you're a bit drunk on either alcohol, winning, or the sheer high of the crowd on a racing day. Hope you have a great time, chap.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Rich Strike skipping the Preakness.

Kentucky Derby winner Rich Strike not running in Preakness

I kind of agree.  No sense in putting your horse in harm if you don't have to.  Especially with a horse that has far exceeded expectations.  If it was a million dollar horse, chasing the huge breeding rights, then I see it.  But as a claimer, he's going to be like California Chrome.  No matter how much he wins, the "breeding" pedigree won't be there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Alright degenerates.  Who do you have for the Derby?

My losers are Angel of Empire as my top pick.  Forte second pick.  Reincarnate as a slop longshot.

Tickets are probably going to be:

Oaks/Derby double Wet Paint, Botanical with Forte, Angel of Empire, Reincarnate $6

Derby

Exacta Angel of Empire/Forte Box $2

Exacta Angel of Empire/Reincarnate Box $2

Exacta Angel of Empire/All $19

Exacta All/Angel of Empire $19

Trifecta Forte/All/Angel of Empire $9.50

Trifecta All/Forte/Angel of Empire $9.50

Win/Place/Show Reincarnate $6

So there is confirmation on who not to bet on.

53 minutes ago, Adam said:

WTF GB

Chalking It Up to Experience: Is Inhaling Chalk Dust Dangerous?

I know.  What I'm hoping for is Angel of Empire coming in first or second, and a bomber.  But both Angel of Empire and Forte look good in their last few races.  Also, what I like about Angel of Empire is that Flavian Pratt was on Angel of Empire and Kingsbarns for their last wins, and chose Angel of Empire.

Reincarnate is my slop longshot.  Watch his last slop race, the Rebel at Oaklawn.  He was charging, then got sandwhiched hard by two horses, and to just really stop all his momentum completely got cut off by a third horse for good measure.  And he still broke to the outside and was charging and finished in 3rd.  

I rarely ever play any chalk but Forte feels like Nyquist and 2023 feels like a Nyquist year. The post draw was absolutely perfect for him. My opinion is that he is the best horse and has the ideal scenario to get a great trip. There are only a handful of horses that look like true 10F horses.

The only other horses who could possibly beat Forte are Tapit Trice (he may just be the most talented horse. Unlike Forte, he got an absolutely brutal draw as he loves being outside. If you watch his replays he does everything he can as early as he can to get outside of horses. But if he somehow manages to get a trip, I could see him being better in stretch than anyone else.) Angel of Empire has stepped forward each race and while he looks slower than Forte he could take another step forward, while it looks like Forte is what he is. The Jap horse - who the fuck knows. So I will have 1 tri ticket with 5,14,17 / 15 / Bombs but most of my play will be Forte over Disarm, Skinner, Two Phil's and Sun Thunder.

Santin looks like the reincarnation of Divisdero in the Turf. Won this race last year and another stake at Churchill later in the year. 

The Oaks looks narrow - 4,7 = A's, 6,14 = B's, 2,10 = C's

Oaks - Turf - Derby Pick 3

$10 4,7 / 8 / 15

$5 6,14 / 8 / 15

$1 2,10 / 8 / 15