• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ban guns!

Ban Guns?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Ban all guns?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Ban only rifles with high-capacity magazines

• yes
    • no

I was hoping to get to mention zombies first!!  Of course, going full-auto against them is just wasting ammo.

But seriously, even in Law Enforcement there's not many realistic needs for full-auto.  I don't think there are any for civilians

I believe Marijuana and prostitution will eventually both be legalized...  The Marijuana issue is silly; we're wasting money and time fighting against it.  Legalize and regulate it to make it safer and legitimate (instead of, "Yeah; I have a card... I get headaches").  There are some legit patient-needs, but most of these "Dispensaries" are making tons of money on "donations".  

Sounds like another few threads are branching-off in here..

You gotta excuse the branch offs. We've had at least 60 pages on gun control since the KC Chiefs player incident. We mostly all agree (except Nate and Fitch) and to me it's more interesting to see how people apply what they say about guns to other areas.

Copy that, HM...  I'm still pretty new here; no problem.  It cracks me up seeing where these discussions go!

So you think drugs should be legal?

Here's an idea. Legalize drugs, but tax the shit out of them. That's how the government defeated the moonshiners way back when. Made alcohol legal again, so there was no thrill in getting illegal alcohol. So not only would we cut down on the amount of people going through the legal system every day, but we'd cut down on the power of the cartels as well.

Why prevent industry of any kind? If someone wants to grow or make something for themselves let them. If someone wants to grow or make something to sell to others let themm.

Just think of all the cool new regulatory agencies we'll need, and all the cool new taxes, right? I agree with arch, let people cultivate for personal use.

Yeah, making it illegal requires no regulatory agencies at all, huh?

I'm not against growing for personal use. I'm against the government telling me what I can and can't sell. I guess I'm just not as pro big government as you. Nice try spinning it to make it seem like people who want less things made illegal and regulated are in favor of more government agencies, though.

Anything is an expansive word. Better put, I don't think something like marijuana should be more restricted than something like alcohol. It's nonsensical.

Also, while i support zero regulation I recognize in a society where even the supposed "small government champion" Repcons want to get their grubby little hands on every sector of our lives, zero regulation isn't possible. So if there has to be regulation we should arrange it in a manner that is sensible and actually aids our society. Preventing a marijuana industry doesn't do that. Nor does outlawing it completely.

Why prevent industry of any kind? If someone wants to grow or make something for themselves let them. If someone wants to grow or make something to sell to others let them.

Two reasons specific to marijuana. The first being that after everything the tobacco industry has dealt with it seems like a bad idea to repeat all that.

Second is that the corporate world would turn it into a big pile of crap like they do everything else. There should be something on this planet they are not allowed to completely ruin in the name of quarterly profit reports.

The first point is legitimate IF you believe that people shouldn't have the freedom to ruin their own lives if they so desired. I do not believe that and I would allow anyone to do whatever self-destructive action they so desire as I'm not in charge of them. I don't own them and I don't feel I have the right to tell them what to do, just as I feel they don't have the right to tell me what to do.

The second point is nonsense. Businesses create jobs which provide wealth and spending power. Corporations are a portion of those businesses. There is nothing inherently wrong with corporations. Some may be bad. The concept is solid. Don't attack the concept just because of some individuals. Otherwise we could make a pretty strong argument that we should not allow procreation because people just "turn it into a big pile of crap like they do everything else."

The first point is legitimate IF you believe that people shouldn't have the freedom to ruin their own lives if they so desired. I do not believe that and I would allow anyone to do whatever self-destructive action they so desire as I'm not in charge of them. I don't own them and I don't feel I have the right to tell them what to do, just as I feel they don't have the right to tell me what to do.

The second point is nonsense. Businesses create jobs which provide wealth and spending power. Corporations are a portion of those businesses. There is nothing inherently wrong with corporations. Some may be bad. The concept is solid. Don't attack the concept just because of some individuals. Otherwise we could make a pretty strong argument that we should not allow procreation because people just "turn it into a big pile of crap like they do everything else."

The concept is cowardly and short sighted. Corporations are street gangs with lawyers.

And I don't want to tell anyone what they can and can't do. Not trying to protect them from themselves. This is not based on any high minded principle. Just what I would prefer to see.