• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ban guns!

Ban Guns?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Ban all guns?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Ban only rifles with high-capacity magazines

• yes
    • no

This is why I can never sustain this forum.  People that disagree with me are fine as long as they are intelligent people like Lou, LT, MT, etc.  But when someone like AD joins the conversation I lose all faith in humanity and any interest in the discussion.

Why prevent industry of any kind? If someone wants to grow or make something for themselves let them. If someone wants to grow or make something to sell to others let them.

so you wouldn't mind your neighbor operating a meth lab and selling his wares to the neighborhood kids?

so you wouldn't mind your neighbor operating a meth lab and selling his wares to the neighborhood kids?

Honest answer? I'd make sure that my kids and anyone that I care about wouldn't buy product from that neighbor. Any failure by them would be a failure on my part.

The last couple of decades of my life have treated me very well. I've been lucky. It hasn't always been that way. I lived for years in communities where my neighbors sold drugs. I learned to stay away and I never once thought to blame those people. They provide options. Other people take those options. Knowing first-hand just how possible it is to not take those options I can't bring myself to believe it is necessary to restrict others. I don't want people to sell drugs. I don't want people to use drugs. I don't want kids to throw their lives away. I don't want people to help kids throw their lives away. I try to help prevent it. I just don't believe I am in charge.

Flat out, I don't believe a human has the right to control another human. There are very few occasions where I find it acceptable for society to restrict the rights of others. Drug distribution/use is not one of those reasons. I understand it is for others. For me it's not.

Honest answer? I'd make sure that my kids and anyone that I care about wouldn't buy product from that neighbor. Any failure by them would be a failure on my part.

The last couple of decades of my life have treated me very well. I've been lucky. It hasn't always been that way. I lived for years in communities where my neighbors sold drugs. I learned to stay away and I never once thought to blame those people. They provide options. Other people take those options. Knowing first-hand just how possible it is to not take those options I can't bring myself to believe it is necessary to restrict others. I don't want people to sell drugs. I don't want people to use drugs. I don't want kids to throw their lives away. I don't want people to help kids throw their lives away. I try to help prevent it. I just don't believe I am in charge.

Flat out, I don't believe a human has the right to control another human. There are very few occasions where I find it acceptable for society to restrict the rights of others. Drug distribution/use is not one of those reasons. I understand it is for others. For me it's not.

Society and Democracy disagree... I see your point, but you took it too far.  Some things must be controlled/regulated, as agreed-upon by this Nation and others.  Legalizing meth labs and justifiable homicide (as in an eye for an eye) are some examples of what is agreed to control.  Laws (however trivial or seemingly unnecessary) are in place for a safe society.

Society and Democracy disagree... I see your point, but you took it too far. Some things must be controlled/regulated

Why? And by what authority? Whoever carries the bigger stick?

Laws (however trivial or seemingly unnecessary) are in place for a safe society.

They are set-up to create a safer society. The end result of their enforcement isn't always the same.

Why? And by what authority? Whoever carries the bigger stick?

They are set-up to create a safer society. The end result of their enforcement isn't always the same.

The end result of their enforcement isn't always the same... Don't you think that's because people aren't all buying into the whole "obey the law" thing? But seriously, laws are in place to create a safer society, but it will ALWAYS be up to the people to CHOOSE to obey the law, or CHOOSE to disobey the law. We don't live in a society like "Minority Report" where we know people are going to commit crimes before they happen. The best we can do is set ethical and moral guidelines for citizens to follow for the good of everyone. Some people just choose to go against that. 

The end result of their enforcement isn't always the same... Don't you think that's because people aren't all buying into the whole "obey the law" thing? But seriously, laws are in place to create a safer society, but it will ALWAYS be up to the people to CHOOSE to obey the law, or CHOOSE to disobey the law. We don't live in a society like "Minority Report" where we know people are going to commit crimes before they happen. The best we can do is set ethical and moral guidelines for citizens to follow for the good of everyone. Some people just choose to go against that.

What I meant was that just because it's a law doesn't mean if actually creates a safer society. The law may have been put Ito place in an attempt to do so but the enforcement of the law doesn't actually make society safer at all. Examples would be the now defunct anti-sodomy laws or current laws that restrict the use of marijuana by adults. Some laws are just silly and don't have any positive impact at all. Other laws, like marijuana legislation, actually make society more unsafe as they prop up a black market and criminal enterprise out of a product that could be perfectly safe on the white market. Laws aren't good just because people voted for them. People vote for stupid stuff all the time.

Well I don't know who has a grudge against anyone on here but I can't imagine why a change of forum design would impact the way people interact with each other. I know mt had a little break from the board. For most other people it's been business as usual all the way through. I can't imagine why they would just decide to act differently. If they are acting within the board's guidelines (which admittedly sometimes we don't always follow) then I don't see the problem or the need to change.