• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ban guns!

Ban Guns?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Ban all guns?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Ban only rifles with high-capacity magazines

• yes
    • no

oh lol,sorry I didn't misinterpret what you actually said for what you meant to say. so tell me, what did you really mean again?

Of course. By using the word "bunch", I implied bananas, which means that the women in the truck weren't in real danger. Or maybe it was a veiled racial slur directed at any black officers who were present. Or perhaps I implied Bradys, which means that the whole thing was staged to film a bad sitcom, trivializing the real danger in the situation.

People who concern themselves as much with how something is said as with the content are too tedious for me to deal with.

Once you give away your freedoms you can never get them back. Any US Citizen who has not been convicted of a felony or violent misdomenor, and is mentally fit, should be allowed his or her constitutional right to own a firearm.

If you look at the strict guns laws chicago and DC have with regards to their insane gun crime rates then you know absolute gun control is a failure. Because the law abiding citizens are at the will of those who will continue to break the law.

We have also seen time and time again in history that when the government starts disarming the people things are about to get bad. Our founding fathers set up the 2nd amendment not so citizens could keep firearms to hunt with, but to protect them from injustice and oppression from the government. The people should not fear the government, the government should fear the people.

I would love to live in a world where there is no war, no opression, where people do not steal and take innocent lives, but I live in reality. If you take defense away from a person who means no harm, they will become a victim just waiting for the day they are taking advantaged of.   

Gun laws in an area that freely and openly associates with areas that have no gun laws are destined to fail. I don't believe that outlawing guns is a good answer and I can't imagine voting for someone who openly admits that they would vote to do so but I don't think that the laws in Chicago that have failed are proof that gun control isn't possible. The flow of guns into Chicago can't be contained at all. Not even a little. This is not true of the United States. The amount of guns available would decrease drastically. This has been shown in other countries.

As for the disarming of the public and things getting bad, that's not the whole story. Most societies didn't disarm the populace and things still got bad. And many societies exist today with disarmed populaces. It's not complete to say disarming is what causes the problem. The problems nave come without it and many places have done it without problems occurring.

I agree with the fact that people should not be allowed to own something like a .50 caliber machine gun. Anything higher caliber than an AR-15 (not being used for hunting of course) does not need to be in the hands of civilians. ON THE SAME NOTE, guns do not belong in the hands of thugs and gang members. My first step in fixing that would be to make it harder to buy high caliber weapons in the first place. Psych evals, reference checks, etc.... whatever it takes to keep guns out of the hands of crazies. Also, make it harder for businesses to sell guns... Where do you think all these weapons are getting into the hands of criminals anyways? If you let any random Joe Citizen sell guns, what's to stop him from selling it to whoever he wants? Money is money to gun sellers, they don't care who they sell it to. Only have state sanctioned gun shops, which require monthly inventory, as well as monthly gun registration checkups. That means, every month, you have to go in and show that you still own that gun and are legally allowed to own it. If guns go missing, someone's ass goes on the chopping block.

I understand this may not be the BEST way to handle things, as this would require state/federal funding in a country where everyone is in debt (on the flip side, it would create more jobs than it would take away), but I'm sure there are plenty other places that we can cut spending as a country. 

Food for thought.

Gun laws in an area that freely and openly associates with areas that have no gun laws are destined to fail. I don't believe that outlawing guns is a good answer and I can't imagine voting for someone who openly admits that they would vote to do so but I don't think that the laws in Chicago that have failed are proof that gun control isn't possible. The flow of guns into Chicago can't be contained at all. Not even a little. This is not true of the United States. The amount of guns available would decrease drastically. This has been shown in other countries.

As for the disarming of the public and things getting bad, that's not the whole story. Most societies didn't disarm the populace and things still got bad. And many societies exist today with disarmed populaces. It's not complete to say disarming is what causes the problem. The problems nave come without it and many places have done it without problems occurring.

Disarming a whole country would be difficult to do, especially with the high crime rate America has. Japan doesn't allow weapons and they're a pretty safe little country. Outside of rampant prostitution and racist  cops, I like living here. But it's an impossible dream for America.

I just don't see how any gun laws will prevent insane tragedies from occuring. If they want to restrict high capacity mags, assault weapons or any other gun then you or I will never legally own one. We can still get one, just not legally. Last time I checked drugs were illegal and people still somehow get them.