• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Network Help!

halomatt

Hi All,

I've been at this for an hour and have nothing to show, so I'm hoping that some of you might have an answer.

I am currently trying to set up my girlfriend's son's computer on my network.  It simply will not work.  As far as I can tell, the laptop (HP Pavillion g6, Windows 7 Home Premium) is connected, but I can't actually get the browser to connect to websites. (Google Chrome)  I have my laptop connected just fine (MacBook Pro, as well as my phone, and my girlfriend's phone. 

The odd part is that the computer works fine at my girlfriend's house using ATT.  I have Verizon FIOS for internet and it will not work. To add to this madness, it used to work just fine! The laptop went to the store for repairs and to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't worked here since. 

After some searching at web articles, I tried a few things but everything seemed okay.  The only thing I found that wasn't working was the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface that says "This device cannot start (code 10).  I looked that up and tried updating drivers, but it said the laptop already has the current drivers.  Nevertheless, I get the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark.

I am NOT a person who likes to tinker with the mysteries of the computer world.  The articles out there made me even more confused. If any of you have any knowledge and would care to share, I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Guess I'll give it a shot.

In the bottom right corner, do you see either something that looks like a computer screen and a plug, or a wi fi symbol.  Life a cone with lines through it?

Hopefully you have a cone with lines through it, and probably an exclamation mark.  right click on it, and hopefully it says open network and sharing center.  From there, you want to connect to a network.  Then it'll give you steps to connect to your router, and to enter in the password.

If that doesn't work.

Go to your left start button.  From start go to control panel.  Hardware and sound.  device manager.  In device manager, you will need to look for network adapters.  If you see an exclamation mark next to your network adapters, it means the driver is corrupt or something of that nature.  First thing I'd try is to see if that device is turned off.  right click on the device and there should be an enable selection.  If that doesn't work, try updating driver.  If that doesn't work, then try the selection check for hardware change.  

And if that doesn't work, then someone else may have to chime in on if this is actually a recommended step.  But uninstall the device.  This should clear the driver for the device.  After uninstalling, I think you reboot.  When the computer boots back up, it will recognize the device but not have a driver for it.  It will either automatically download the driver, or you will have to go back to the device manager and update the driver.  

Probably as clear as mud, but hope it helps.

Guess I'll give it a shot.

In the bottom right corner, do you see either something that looks like a computer screen and a plug, or a wi fi symbol.  Life a cone with lines through it?

Hopefully you have a cone with lines through it, and probably an exclamation mark.  right click on it, and hopefully it says open network and sharing center.  From there, you want to connect to a network.  Then it'll give you steps to connect to your router, and to enter in the password.

If that doesn't work.

Go to your left start button.  From start go to control panel.  Hardware and sound.  device manager.  In device manager, you will need to look for network adapters.  If you see an exclamation mark next to your network adapters, it means the driver is corrupt or something of that nature.  First thing I'd try is to see if that device is turned off.  right click on the device and there should be an enable selection.  If that doesn't work, try updating driver.  If that doesn't work, then try the selection check for hardware change.  

And if that doesn't work, then someone else may have to chime in on if this is actually a recommended step.  But uninstall the device.  This should clear the driver for the device.  After uninstalling, I think you reboot.  When the computer boots back up, it will recognize the device but not have a driver for it.  It will either automatically download the driver, or you will have to go back to the device manager and update the driver.  

Probably as clear as mud, but hope it helps.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I took a look at your first suggestion and found that the laptop is connected to the wifi.  So I tried a few other things and later I'll check the adapters.  I think I already did and that's where I found the Tedero Tunneling was showing a warning.  I'll do further research and see what happens.

Thanks again for your suggestions. 

Never heard of it but google search:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46575-teredo-tunneling-issue.html

You really don't need to put his pc on your network as long as he has your password he is connected. That's the way I do it with wifi. Both Chrome and IE work fine for moi. Win7 PC and phone and tablet connected to wifi using password only.