• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone kinda wish we still had Lackey? Especially instead of Wilson?

CaliAngel

Lackey over CJ  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Think we should have kept Lackey?

• Yes
    • No

Lackey, whether you like his personality or not, continues to keep his intensity high, make big pitches, and perform in big games when his team needs him the most.

Hindsight is 20/20, but don't you think this team would be better off if we had never gotten rid of him and eventually signed Wilson instead?

He probably could have been an Angel lifer, and man oh man could we have used him this season/postseason instead of CJ.

Hindsight is 20/20 and it goes well with a selective memory.  Lackey signed a 5 year contract for 82.5M and has been below league average since then.  I haven't missed him at all since he signed that contract which was overpaying for his services.  Comparing him to CJ is pointless because given how both have performed I wouldn't have wanted either one of them for what they ended up signing for.  Hopefully CJ figures some things out this offseason.   

Hindsight is 20/20 and it goes well with a selective memory.  Lackey signed a 5 year contract for 82.5M and has been below league average since then.  I haven't missed him at all since he signed that contract which was overpaying for his services.  Comparing him to CJ is pointless because given how both have performed I wouldn't have wanted either one of them for what they ended up signing for.  Hopefully CJ figures some things out this offseason.

What are you babbling about?

If you look at it without taking into account tonight's performance, Lackey is owed the MLB minimum for next season. He has to play it out per his contract one season at a discounted rate since he missed a year due to injury.

Now, if you are the Red Sox Lester is gone, Peavey traded to SF, you have a rotation of Buchholz and scrubs De La Rosa and Workman when Lackey went to St.Louis. You got back from St.Louis Joe Kelly that is a below league average arm and Allen Craig that is a well below league average utility fielder. This is not moving the franchise forward and not reducing payroll significantly because Craig is owed @ $25MM over the next 3 years and the Red Sox actually coughed up cash to go with Lackey and a player.

What could possibly be the inspiration to trade Lackey for that package of junk and salary when they could have just kept him for MLB minimum next season and if need be pawn him off for a package at the end of the season. There can only be one reason.

Lackey is a douche.

Edited by notti

Leakey took more money to play in Boston because his wife wanted to live on the east coast. He called out Angels fans on his way to Boston for no reason. He divorced his wife during her battle with cancer and was a bad clubhouse guy with Boston. As a long time Angels fan I would not want him on the team.

Lackey hated Scioscia - who yanked him - see Game 4 vs. Yankees...when after the bullpen blew his lead, Lackey walks behind Scioscia to the club house and barks at him.

Who knew?

Scioscia yanks a starter early... :P

Appier and CJ know.

Lackey needed to get out of here . Boston sure paid a lot of money for Mr Ed.

Lackey's career numbers in the playoffs:

111 innings pitched, ERA under 3. 

You are batshit crazy if you'd rather have CJ Wilson on the team than that guy. I don't care what you think of him as a person

I personally was a huge Lackey fan. The man pitched his ass off for us, and won game 7 of the world series. Nothing to be bitter about.

You are batshit crazy if you'd rather have CJ Wilson on the team than that guy. I don't care what you think of him as a person

I personally was a huge Lackey fan. The man pitched his ass off for us, and won game 7 of the world series. Nothing to be bitter about.

Mr Ed also pitched the last game of the WS last year iirc.

And the Sox fans had no confidence in him at all .

did anyone say they would rather have CJ? (i might have missed it)

If you look at it without taking into account tonight's performance, Lackey is owed the MLB minimum for next season. He has to play it out per his contract one season at a discounted rate since he missed a year due to injury.

There is going to be some drama about that clause this winter. That's for sure.