• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Exchange bad contact for bad contract

A-Rod

Equal years, similar money.

A-Rod has always hit well in Anaheim, and Hambone has raked in NY with the short RF

Both could benefit fro ma fresh start on the other side of the country.

A-Rod could DH and backup 3B

Hambone could play RF and allow the Yanks to trade one of the few chips they have, Brett Gardner.

All that being said, I hate A-Rod

A-Rod

A-Rod has always hit well in Anaheim, and Hambone has raked in NY with the short RF

Hambone could play RF and allow the Yanks to trade one of the few chips they have, Brett Gardner.

I know people will say no just because of the hate on ARod.  However, AROD will help the Angels more than Hamilton will next year.  That much I am certain on.  

Yes to Hamilton for A-Rod.  I dont even know if the Yankees are that stupid though.  But they took Wells, so who knows.  And they hate A-Rod in New York as much as we hate Hamilton.  

A-Rod at least has a clue at the plate, he knows what plate discipline means, hes had a monster postseason before.  And above all else, he will be hungrier than Hamilton to prove he still belongs.  Ill take A-Rod in a heartbeat.

And people need to take off the hate glasses and realize A-Rod isnt a bad teammate.  While he had his issues with drugs (and who are we kidding so did Hamilton), he never was a clubhouse cancer.  Hamilton just destroys your vibe in the clubhouse.  Hes always by himself, always flailing away at terrible pitches, kills any momentum you ever get in a game with terrible at bats.  Doesnt look like he even wants to be out there.  Doesnt hustle and just flat out sucks.  If you really want Hamilton over A-Rod something is wrong with you.

yep, full no trade clause, his own personal suite, his own personal jet to fly his family to and from texas and like 25 free tickets a game.

oh and plus a measly $125 million dollars on top of that.  great deal arte morono.

could we skip the retarded ass "arte morono" comments and their assorted variations? it's so lame.

I'm pretty confident Yanks and Halos would do a ARod / Hamilton swap. It's like a really expensive Freire and Grilli swap.

I wonder if Texas would do a Fielder for Hamilton. Maybe they know how to fix Hamilton and Fielder sucking so bad would be enough bait. I  don't think I'd do that and have the biggest log jam ever with Pujols and Fielder. 

A-Rod

Fuq no. I would rather have Hamilton's bad contract than A-Roid's. Because that would entail A-Roid comes with it, and I don't want that stinking piece of human slime anywhere near the team that I love.

I am fuqing serious.

I'm pretty confident Yanks and Halos would do a ARod / Hamilton swap. It's like a really expensive Freire and Grilli swap.

I wonder if Texas would do a Fielder for Hamilton. Maybe they know how to fix Hamilton and Fielder sucking so bad would be enough bait. I  don't think I'd do that and have the biggest log jam ever with Pujols and Fielder. 

Fielder for Hamilton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.A-Roid for Hamilton

We could use a full time DH

What's the remaining contract status of both?  Isn't Hamilton's something like $89 mil / 3 yrs?  While Fielder's is $119 mil / 6yrs?  (IIRC the Tigers ate about $30 mil). 

I don't think Hamilton ever really wanted to leave Texas.  His and his wife's comments reeked of sour grapes.  I don't think he anticipated the Rangers' cautious approach or Moreno heaving his twelve pounder on the table.  Whatever happened I'm sure the Rangers feel vindicated by their decision.  They might be willing to take Hamilton  back under certain conditions but I seriously doubt they'd be willing to give up Fielder .  They might offer a C prospect and still demand Moreno eat a huge chunk of that money.  They're division rivals -- neither is going to go out of their way to help the other out. 

What's the remaining contract status of both?  Isn't Hamilton's something like $89 mil / 3 yrs?  While Fielder's is $119 mil / 6yrs?  (IIRC the Tigers ate about $30 mil). 

I don't think Hamilton ever really wanted to leave Texas.  His and his wife's comments reeked of sour grapes.  I don't think he anticipated the Rangers' cautious approach or Moreno heaving his twelve pounder on the table.  Whatever happened I'm sure the Rangers feel vindicated by their decision.  They might be willing to take Hamilton  back under certain conditions but I seriously doubt they'd be willing to give up Fielder .  They might offer a C prospect and still demand Moreno eat a huge chunk of that money.  They're division rivals -- neither is going to go out of their way to help the other out. 

I'm suggesting Rangers might think Fielder is a lost cause and they know how to fix Hambone. If that premise is true they would save a ton of cash and dump a mess on us. 

This is all my conjecture. Its pretty difficult trying to find a possible trade for Hambone. 

Edited by Erstad Grit