• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No news on Shoe?

Erstad Grit

Even though every single Angels person you ask insists he is optimistic and encouraged about Shoemaker, I remain skeptical.

If he's feeling it even a little when he's playing catch, how is he supposed to stand on a mound and throw 92 mph 100 times?

I have a feeling what may happen is this. He throws a bullpen on Tuesday and feels ok. They decide it's worth the gamble to throw him out there for a start, but he pitches badly for 2-3 innings because it bothers him or makes him change his mechanics or something.

Really, simply getting Shoemaker healthy and on the mound isn't enough. He's got to be good enough to win.

My guess....

Shoemaker isn't healthy enough to pitch in the DS and gets left off the roster: 35 pct

Shoemaker gets a start but either has to leave the game because it hurts or else is ineffective because it hurts: 40 percent

Shoemaker is healthy and good enough to pitch effectively for 100 pitches: 25 percent

My guess....

Shoemaker isn't healthy enough to pitch in the DS and gets left off the roster: 35 pct

Shoemaker gets a start but either has to leave the game because it hurts or else is ineffective because it hurts: 40 percent

Shoemaker is healthy and good enough to pitch effectively for 100 pitches: 25 percent

I think they'll hold him out. Definitely isn't encouraging, no matter what he or the team says, about him playing long toss and still "feeling it a little bit". If he felt it doing long toss, why wouldn't he feel it even more when he ramps it up by throwing off a mound at full effort

Hopefully they can find a way to get through the ALDS, as I think that should buy enough time for him to actually return