• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

As opposed to last year when we were beating the snot out of the Kings and then getting destroyed in Game 7?  Its the regular season.  I take it you've never watched hockey before.

Chicago just lost to the Wild last night 3-0.

We arent looking amazing right now but you guys are acting like chicken littles.  

You are really comparing the Kings and Hawks, the 2 teams that have won 4 out of the last 5 Cups, to the Ducks?

If the Ducks had the recent playoff success of those 2 teams I'm sure the outlook on things would be different even when not looking amazing during the regular season

Edited by tennischmp

You are really comparing the Kings and Hawks, the 2 teams that have won 4 out of the last 5 Cups, to the Ducks?

If the Ducks had the recent playoff success of those 2 teams I'm sure the outlook on things would be different even when not looking amazing during the regular season

No but reaching any conclusions at this point in the season is still laughable.  Like I said the team hasnt even been healthy enough to reach any conclusion like "2nd round exit at best" quite yet.

Shakeup in the lineups today.

14-15-10

12-17-7

39-67-33

21-44-19

Lovejoy scratched. Brewer lined up with Fowler.

I do not like one bit seeing Bourque up on the top line. Also, Devo and Cogs on a line together. That's just terrible. Both have been nonexistent this season. Hate breaking up Palms and Kesler. Those two are money together.

Shakeup in the lineups today.

14-15-10

12-17-7

39-67-33

21-44-19

Lovejoy scratched. Brewer lined up with Fowler.

I do not like one bit seeing Bourque up on the top line. Also, Devo and Cogs on a line together. That's just terrible. Both have been nonexistent this season. Hate breaking up Palms and Kesler. Those two are money together.

I don't get that at all. Palms (when healthy) and Kes have had the most chemistry together all season. Then again BB is a line juggler so I wouldn't expect that lineup to finish the way it started. And Bourque? Really?

As for Rev, he hasn't been playing very well this year. I really think Fowler plays less aggressively because he's worried the Lovejoy will make a mistake when he's leading the rush. You see less and less of Fowler using his incredible skating this season. That's why I think the Ducks could use a solid, top 4 RHD.

Trade rumors aflutter....would the Ducks be thinking about trading Fowler for Myers?

That is an interesting rumor to say the least. Myers as an interesting player (mainly because he is tall and a respectable skater for his size). Fowler is great on defense but somewhat limited on the offensive side. That would be a risky trade.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2015/2/6/lavoie-ducks-fowler-linked-in-trade-talk-for-sabres-myers

Trade rumors aflutter....would the Ducks be thinking about trading Fowler for Myers?

That is an interesting rumor to say the least. Myers as an interesting player (mainly because he is tall and a respectable skater for his size). Fowler is great on defense but somewhat limited on the offensive side. That would be a risky trade.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2015/2/6/lavoie-ducks-fowler-linked-in-trade-talk-for-sabres-myers

You would think Beleskey would be in the talks.  Fowler is controlled through 2018, and while I can see it, that's a lot of speed on the line you are giving up.  I'd go Beleskey and Etem.  Etem just for some reason fit well at the next level for the Ducks.

I don't think salary would be an issue with Myers. He is controlled to 2019 and his cap hit is only at 5.5M (and his deal was front loaded, so the Ducks would actually paying even less for the rest of his deal). I think the risk is just Myers himself. He is still an enigma. He was great as a rookie, but just so-so ever since on a really crappy team.

Looking at the salary stuff.  You have Souray, Beuch, and Brewer all UFA after this season.  Another reason why I don't think you can trade Fowler.  

You can't trade Fowler because Souray and Brewer are UFAs after this season? What are you talking about?

So you would be happy with a defense that consisted of Myers, Stoner, Fistric, Vatannen, Lovejoy, and Lindholm for next season?

I don't think this is the alternative to a Fowler/Myers trade on next years team. Fistric has never been more than a number 7 d-man for the Ducks. Either Manson or Theodore, would step up or another d-man would be acquired.

Murrey's looking for his Pronger. If he's thinks Myers could be him, a lot of trades are possible.