• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Platoon (Non Movie Version)

What are the most ridiculous platoons you can remember?

This whole thing with Calhoun supposedly not being platooned and Cron/Ibanez had me thinking about the absurd platoons Scioscia has used. I remember Kotchman bring platooned for Quinlan was a forum favorite.

"crushed" is a little bit of an overstatement, don't you think? He was solid against lefties to begin with which is what mainly earned him a regular spot on the team as a solid guy off the bench. But I remember taking a pretty hard dip after a couple seasons, especially in the season where he was platooning with one of the best hitters on the team. Platooning with two players of similar talent is fine (John Jaso and Derek Norris for the A's) but not with there is such a disparity between the two.

EDIT:

Just dug this up

1779_1B3B_season__lr_full_0_20140606.png

His first couple years were solid, around 2007 he became around average, not enough to justify a platoon with Morales.

Edited by Sam Sanchez