• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama administration exposes top CIA agent's identity

The station chief in Afghanistan. I would assume that's the end of his active duty.

Little outrage in the media today. Bush was villified to no end over the Valerie Plame affair. She was an analyst.

http://pjmedia.com/andrewmccarthy/2014/05/27/exposure-of-cia-station-chief-spotlights-administrations-immaturity/?singlepage=true

Edited by fan_since79

Didn't Scooter Libby or someone else in the Bush administration go to jail for revealing Plame's name?  And Bush didn't pardon him?

I will look forward to the Democrat's outrage on this along with a subsequent jailing.  And the Vanity Fair article then Hollywood movie dramatizing the chain of events.

Going directly into finger pointing mode is the type of petty bullshit that we need to get past. If it's a problem then fix it by fixing the process then holding the people accountable to the process. Do I sound like someone who spent 30 years working on military aircraft?

Didn't Scooter Libby or someone else in the Bush administration go to jail for revealing Plame's name?  And Bush didn't pardon him?

I will look forward to the Democrat's outrage on this along with a subsequent jailing.  And the Vanity Fair article then Hollywood movie dramatizing the chain of events.

You obviously missed the Presidential "oops!" official statement the White House put out today

I agree completely, Arch.  Problem is, Obama and his administration by blaming Bush, the GOP, Congress, the Tea Party and pretty much anything else not lock step with their wavering policies, have created this environment of grandstanding and finger pointing.

The president continues to expose himself to comparitive analysis and finger pointing as it's essentially been his campaign and office-holding theme the last two terms. 

Going directly into finger pointing mode is the type of petty bullshit that we need to get past. If it's a problem then fix it by fixing the process then holding the people accountable to the process. Do I sound like someone who spent 30 years working on military aircraft?

Valerie Plame, the ex-CIA operative outed by the W. Bush administration, also chimed in.

“Astonishing: White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan,” she tweeted in a sardonic message on Monday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/valerie-plame-intelligence-officials-slam-white-house-cia-leak-article-1.1806717

"Well it was colossally stupid of course," Plame told CNN’s “The Situation Room” about the misstep during President Barack Obama’s trip to Afghanistan on Sunday. "What an error of huge proportions with tremendous consequences.”

Edited by Eric Notti

Well stated. This is a good way of explaining how you see this as being the same as the Plame incident.

Never said it was the same as the Plame incident.  No offense -- and this is by no means a personal attack towards anyone -- but would you people PLEASE read then breakdown by way of critical thinking what was written in a post BEFORE making accusations. 

You implied that if Democrats weren't hypocrites then someone should go to jail over this. Which means you either don't understand how it differs from the Plame incident or that you have a complete lack of understanding about what the criminal charges in the Plame incident were for.

I'm pretty good with the how the Plame case differs from the incident at hand.  And I think the Afghanistan screw-up was an "honest" mistake.  (Even though, an argument could be made that the exposure of "our man in Afghanistan," as opposed to someone who was essentially a self-important CIA lacky who was trying to talk up her husband's resume is more careless).  And I understand the criminal charges (and conviction) in the Plame/Libby incident which had more to do with lying and obstruction then actual criminal activities relating to the exposure of a CIA agent. 

I appreciate the use of the word "implied" over "the same."  Thank you.