• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Sox lose 10 straight start brawl with Tampa

“They took umbrage with the fact that Escobar had stolen third base with a five-run lead in the 7th. That’s not even nearly as egregious as last year in the playoffs—last year in the playoffs when they had an 8-2 lead in the 8th inning, Ellsbury led off with a single and they stole second base, beating us 12-2. I think that was a little bit more egregious than their interpretation tonight…While we’re on the subject, I want to take this moment please regarding this crazy stuff about leads and teams trying to not score runs. I didn’t take any exception when they stole on us last year in the 8th inning in the Division Series, 8-2 lead, Ellsbury on, they steal. I didn’t take any because our goal is to not permit them scoring runs. Their goal is to score runs. The whole game. That’s always been the goal within the game of baseball. Apparently some of the guys on their bench did not like that. I really wish they would roll back the tape and look at that more specifically. You have to keep your personal vendettas, your personal prejudice, your personal judgmental components in your back pocket. So before you start screaming regarding any of that, just understand what happened just last year and also understand in this ballpark, 5-0 leads can evaporate quickly.”

the text gets his message across, but it was the delivery that was so comical. speaking directly into the camera, had me rolling.

If the Red Sox got pissed it'd have to mean because they thought the game was over and that the Rays were 'showing them up'

So, if they thought the game was over...than why didn't they just forfeit after Escobar after Escobar hit that double?

What're the odds of coming back from a 5+ lead going to the 8th inning...2%? 4%?

Meanwhile..the Rangers with half their team on the DL just absolutely destroyed Verlander? I'd say that was about as likely to happen as the Red Sox coming back.

What else...what else...Oh yeah, Josh Beckett tossed a no hitter in freaking Philadelphia. Who threw money down on that happening before that game started? Odds of that happening? 1 in 1,500? 1 in 3,000?

This gray rule stuff is such garbage. You don't like it? Than actually play the game (don't just go through the motions) or quit and get off the field.

Edited by DW711