• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Regardless of how they play, it's good to have baseball back

I'm not being sarcastic with this thread, 100% sincere because I think it should be said as we get started with the season.  Regardless of this 0-2 start, if we turn it around or continue with a slow start, it's nice to have baseball back and to be able to shoot the breeze with you guys.  I know many of us have differing views on management and what not but I think before anybody gets too ugly or whatever, we should all just remember we're all fans of the same team and we're watching for entertainment, despite our differing views.  We're all hoping for the best tomorrow, and for the rest of the season.  Go Angels!

Agreed FF.

The sky is falling crowd after two games, as frustrating as they've been is equally as frustrating to me. Like pouring gas on my fire.

We all want them to play well, but baseball is a game like that.  Everybody has their views, and reactions based on sample sizes.  I just have fun watching the games no matter what, win or lose.  I love baseball.  If they're winning (which I MUCH prefer) I get to watch Jered Weaver mowing guys down or Mike Trout crushing a home run, if they're struggling I find the humor in it to find entertainment value.  Or a friend and I will ballbust each other about how our teams are doing.  But anyways, the bottom line is go Angels.

If the play like this continues the baseball interest will diminish.  Thats not to say I wont still watch the games or pay attention to whats going on, but it still grows tiresome watching a team play this poorly.  

I can understand people who lose interest, this is an entertainment thing afterall.  But for me I just love watching baseball, and I don't have the heart to be a bandwagoner.

Agreed FF.

Im as bummed as anyone over these last two nights. And I agree that with our past, and pitching questions its got me apprehensive. That said, I dont at all want to be a 'its early' guy, but it is. Yesterday was bad luck mixed with felix. Tonight CJ shit the bed.

The pitching scares me, but the offense has to wake up fast. The good news is, on paper at least, it should.

Agreed FF.

The sky is falling crowd after two games, as frustrating as they've been is equally as frustrating to me. Like pouring gas on my fire.

Seriously.

I've been trying to find a decent thread to read, but the board has been flooded with a million different threads full of the same bitching and whining. It's like walking through a backyard full of dog shit Lol

The worst performance by a professional baseball team I've ever seen in my 35+ years of watching the game was a game between the Angels and Blue Jays. The Angels were dreadful in every respect — from poor at bats to abysmal defense. I recall saying to a friend of mine, "Perhaps they just need a new manager. The pieces seem to be there, but it's not working."

That game was in May, 2002.

I love having baseball back. You never if the season just might surprise you.

Seriously.

I've been trying to find a decent thread to read, but the board has been flooded with a million different threads full of the same bitching and whining. It's like walking through a backyard full of dog shit Lol

Don't worry we're cleaning the shit up.

Maybe have a Postgame Gameday Recap Thread for fans to express their views is in order.

The worst performance by a professional baseball team I've ever seen in my 35+ years of watching the game was a game between the Angels and Blue Jays. The Angels were dreadful in every respect — from poor at bats to abysmal defense. I recall saying to a friend of mine, "Perhaps they just need a new manager. The pieces seem to be there, but it's not working."

That game was in May, 2002.

I love having baseball back. You never if the season just might surprise you.

I told my Dad opening day 2002 after Colon shut us out, "It's not our year."  I also bought an 8x10 of Aaron Sele that day so I clearly didn't know jack shit.

I told my Dad opening day 2002 after Colon shut us out, "It's not our year." I also bought an 8x10 of Aaron Sele that day so I clearly didn't know jack shit.

Thanks for sharing. This sounds like half of the people on the board the past couple days.

For me it was having high hopes for a quick start and for the team to not fall in to the same old bad habits that they had last year.

We are seeing a lot of mistakes and poor BP pitching and that is what's stirring the pot.

Many here are still looking for that quick start with our schedule leaning in our favor.

A few wins will help for sure.

And yes it's really nice to have baseball season here.