• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers' SS Jose Iglesias has stress fractures in both legs

gotbeer

Tough break for the Tigers. You have to think they try to sign Drew now or they're stuck with a hole at SS.

That's my thoughts too.  Unless they can trade for a SS that is not only good, but costs less than a first round pick in value.  And I'm just not sure if any team will trade a SS at this point for a mid level prospect.  

I would probably do Porcello for Aybar, and I think that would be close to a fair straight-up trade.  Both guys are about average at their positions, and both cost about the same.  Only difference is that Aybar is under contract for an extra year, so perhaps the Tigers would need to add a prospect to the deal. 

Some expert on MLB predicts Porcello to have a breakout year. How many more years is Porcello and Aybar under contract?

Porcello has arb 2 (2014) and 3 (2015) left.  Aybar is under contract till 2016.  

But you also have to consider that pitching is more valuable than fielding ATM if you consider them to be average players.  

As far as Porcello goes.  He looks to be an average 4/5 type pitcher.  Might get to a 3, but considering last season was his best at a 1.28 WHIP and 4.32 ERA.  And he's been in the league for 5 years, and never pitched more than 182 innings, and yet he has started in at least 27 games and for 3 seasons 31 games.  I think his career 1.39 WHIP and 4.51 ERA is about what to expect.  

So a straight up Porcello for Aybar is probably a fair trade.  Just not sure how well it will work out for both teams.

Edited by gotbeer