• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

31 minutes ago, cals said:

I love how as soon as Tucker went full Rusky you guys have followed like good little minions. It’s cute.  Especially since Larry is the size of a good little minion.

The cause of the Ukrainian people is noble but Volod is pretty corrupt.  Time is certainly keeping with tradition with selecting dictators 

Opinion piece but it contains links to "straight news" whatever that is these days.

Whitewashing Ukraine’s Corruption

https://www.cato.org/commentary/whitewashing-ukraines-corruption

The notion that Ukraine was such an appealing democratic model in Eastern Europe that the country’s mere existence terrified Putin may be a comforting myth to U.S. politicians and pundits, but it is a myth. Ukraine is far from being a democratic‐capitalist model and an irresistible magnet for Russia’s groaning masses. The reality is murkier and troubling: Ukraine has long been one of the more corrupt countries in the international system. In its annual report published in January 2022, Transparency International ranked Ukraine 123rd of the 180 countries it examined, with a score of 32 on a one to 100 point scale. By comparison, notoriously corrupt Russia ranked just modestly lower, 139th, with a score of 29.

32 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

The cause of the Ukrainian people is noble but Volod is pretty corrupt.  Time is certainly keeping with tradition with selecting dictators 

Realistically, there isn't a country on this planet whose shit doesn't stink. They all have various forms of corruption that they engage in but some are just better at disguising it than others. 

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

Opinion piece but it contains links to "straight news" whatever that is these days.

Whitewashing Ukraine’s Corruption

https://www.cato.org/commentary/whitewashing-ukraines-corruption

The notion that Ukraine was such an appealing democratic model in Eastern Europe that the country’s mere existence terrified Putin may be a comforting myth to U.S. politicians and pundits, but it is a myth. Ukraine is far from being a democratic‐capitalist model and an irresistible magnet for Russia’s groaning masses. The reality is murkier and troubling: Ukraine has long been one of the more corrupt countries in the international system. In its annual report published in January 2022, Transparency International ranked Ukraine 123rd of the 180 countries it examined, with a score of 32 on a one to 100 point scale. By comparison, notoriously corrupt Russia ranked just modestly lower, 139th, with a score of 29.

I don't doubt that many of the former soviet countries struggle with corruption.  Once engrained in your culture it's hard to get out (it's also the reason so many Latino politicians here get busted, political corruption is normal south of the border. It's also why they knock up 14 year olds, but I digress...). 

Where are the specifics regarding corruption?  

And lets also not forget that until 2014 Ukraine had a pro-Russia government that I'm sure was just as corrupt as Russia itself.  They basically had a little revolution, removed the president and became pro-West.  I'll forgive them if they haven't weeded out all the soviet era corruption after 8 years. 

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

Realistically, there isn't a country on this planet whose shit doesn't stink. They all have various forms of corruption that they engage in but some are just better at disguising it than others. 

This also. Let's not act like our shit doesn't stink. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

This also. Let's not act like our shit doesn't stink. 

I agree with you on this. He is just as opportunistic as any of our politicians. We just need to understand this is a Stalin / Hitler situation in Russia. Ukrainian victory doesn’t create a free state nor does it make him George Washington. We should view as the lesser of two evils and track our expenditures and weaponry accordingly.  There’s quite a bit of money and weapons going over there that aren’t all being used for the people. He’s straight selling our shit for profit in some cases. 

20 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I agree with you on this. He is just as opportunistic as any of our politicians. We just need to understand this is a Stalin / Hitler situation in Russia. Ukrainian victory doesn’t create a free state nor does it make him George Washington. We should view as the lesser of two evils and track our expenditures and weaponry accordingly.  There’s quite a bit of money and weapons going over there that aren’t all being used for the people. He’s straight selling our shit for profit in some cases. 

Do we ever do that when we provide aid like that to foreign countries? 

19 minutes ago, cals said:

It's possible.  Where is your proof?

His history of political corruption and illegal weapons sales prior to this conflict haven’t changed. He has and continues to stomp out any form of free press and political opposition. Prior to this war we weren’t impressed by his good deeds for the Ukrainian people. Our opinion was quite the opposite. I suspect a big part of his support stems from his role in the trump impeachment and the large amount of energy deals he’s cut with the big guy. As for the weapons every report of smuggling may not be true but it’s likely all aren’t false. Like our politicians let’s see where his net worth settles after this war. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do we ever do that when we provide aid like that to foreign countries? 

No and it’s a problem. Just like the war on terror politicians are getting rich. I’m for whipping Russia , china , Ukraine , and any Muslim nations ass. The world would be a better place. Unfortunately this conflict doesn’t have a defined strategy and leaders with the resolve to win. We spent a lot of money and lowered our military readiness and all we have to show is a little whole in a bridge and big Zs picture in every liberal rag world wide. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

His history of political corruption and illegal weapons sales prior to this conflict haven’t changed. He has and continues to stomp out any form of free press and political opposition. Prior to this war we weren’t impressed by his good deeds for the Ukrainian people. Our opinion was quite the opposite. I suspect a big part of his support stems from his role in the trump impeachment and the large amount of energy deals he’s cut with the big guy. As for the weapons every report of smuggling may not be true but it’s likely all aren’t false. Like our politicians let’s see where his net worth settles after this war. 

Can you cite sources?  I don’t know that you’re wrong.  The only thing I knew about Zelenskyy before this was that he was the one that gave Trump the finger when Trump tried to strong arm him into investigating Biden.

You guys do realize Zelenskyy was a comedy actor up until his election as president. He even played the role of the President of Ukraine in a comedy series just a few years prior.

This guy is a mix between Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump but without the money. A lot of showmanship including his signature green t-shirt which screams acting a part not necessarily governing. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You guys do realize Zelenskyy was a comedy actor up until his election as president. He even played the role of the President of Ukraine in a comedy series just a few years prior.

This guy is a mix between Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump but without the money. A lot of showmanship including his signature green t-shirt which screams acting a part not necessarily governing. 

You’re just a blatant anti-semite.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Is he as funny as Adam?