• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

As opposed to the Armenia/Azerbaijan conflict a few months ago this one is surprisingly difficult to get a read on in terms of what is actually going on on the ground.  The Russians have been very tight lipped and the Ukrainians are doing a lot of this Baghdad Bob type stuff.  Those numbers are extremely suspect.  Just like the “ghost of Kiev” stuff.  

just to have an idea.  The Armenia/Azerbaijan conflict was a fucking blood bath.  Like we’re talking photos piles and piles of bodies.  30-40 guys getting blown up at once by loitering munitions.  That conflict was like 40 days and it was like 7000 killed.  We’re there already in 48 hours and the Russians appear to be advancing all over the country ? Suspect imo.  

I don’t think Ukraine is winning but they aren’t getting whipped like the Palestinians either

Also, some more war nerd stuff for you guys to chew on.  Definitely morbid but if you’re interested.  

apparently the Russians have sent in some of their Chechen units.  The so called “Kadyrovites” these dudes are genuinely fucking scary.  Like some of the scariest and most violent paramilitary units on earth.  Their appearance makes me fear that the rumors of the kill lists from late last week are possibly real.  They’re the dudes that would do it.   

anyway.  Some info

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadyrovtsy

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, cals said:

I’m fairly certain that Putin is smoking crack at this point.  It would seem he could end this shit tomorrow but he is doing it half-assed.  Which makes me wonder why?  Fuck maybe he’s 2 steps ahead of us.  Maybe he’s looking for dead Russian soldiers to get total support at home.  I don’t know but this whole thing seems as thought out as an @Adam diet plan.

Things certainly aren’t clear right now. I tend to watch the Chinese hand. They’re  the ones that will have to bail him out economically and that doesn’t happen for free. It could be as simple as they want Russia to be their permanent bitch and/or it provides one hell of a strategic advantage tying up our resources in Europe. 

Edited by Kotchman

32 minutes ago, cals said:

Narrator (David Attenborough): “What no one knew at the time is that Ukraine’s saving grace came not from the bravery of it’s own men, not from weapons supplied by allied counties but from a small group of troubled individuals hailing from southern California’s Inland Empire (which despite the name was no more of an empire then the Holy Roman Empire).  The irony is that these troops knew nothing of the good they did.  They we’re completely unaware that their actions turned the tide of the war.  Despite that fact, most war historians view those flights from Ontario, California to Kiev as the turning point in the conflict.”

Again, this will get lost in the shuffle.....

34 minutes ago, cals said:

Narrator (David Attenborough): “What no one knew at the time is that Ukraine’s saving grace came not from the bravery of it’s own men, not from weapons supplied by allied counties but from a small group of troubled individuals hailing from southern California’s Inland Empire (which despite the name was no more of an empire then the Holy Roman Empire).  The irony is that these troops knew nothing of the good they did.  They we’re completely unaware that their actions turned the tide of the war.  Despite that fact, most war historians view those flights from Ontario, California to Kiev as the turning point in the conflict.”

"Armed with nothing more than a sawzall, and butane lighter, the hepatitis infected masses entered the conflict zone, and stripped over 1 billion dollars of Russian metal parts, and recycled it for $700, thus ending the campaign" 

Heroes of the Ukrainian Army

homeless-walmart.jpg

26 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Things certainly aren’t clear right now. I tend to watch the Chinese hand. They’re  the ones that will have to bail him out economically and that doesn’t happen for free. It could be as simple as they want Russia to be their permanent bitch and/or it provides one hell of a strategic advantage tying up our resources in Europe. 

I saw a story a few hours ago that China is not bailing Russia out....

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/china-restrict-financing-russia-ukraina-invasion

Three ways to stop Putin's next power grab

KT McFarland:

The question we should be asking ourselves is how to stop Putin’s next power grab.  What can we do now that will deter him from making a move against some smaller countries along the Russian border, especially Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania? These three Baltic states, former members of the Soviet Union are now the most vulnerable members of the NATO alliance.

The latest round of sanctions President Biden announced are a slap on the wrist. The only sanctions that might make Putin pause would be to kick Russia out of the international banking system. But that will never happen, as long as our European allies are dependent on Russian oil and natural gas for their economic survival. 

But there are the three things we should do now.

First, the president should explain to his supporters that the existential threat Russia poses to our national security require him to reverse course and take the shackles off the American energy industry he imposed early in his presidency. 

Thanks to our brilliant American engineers and scientists, we can now extract oil and natural gas from rocks. We are sitting on the largest reserves of oil and natural in the world, with the potential of becoming the world’s energy superpower. We should use what Providence provided.

Second, the president should go to our European allies, especially Germany, and tell them we have their backs. Russia supplies half of Europe’s energy. No European leader dare jeopardize that relationship.

So instead, offer to guarantee their energy security. We can help them replace Russian oil and natural gas with clean, no strings attached, American liquefied natural gas. They’ve been reluctant to make the switch from Russian to American energy. Perhaps the last few days have shown them the Russian energy comes at too high a political and economic price. 

Finally, the president should tell the Russians that we will do everything in our power to bring down the price of oil and natural gas, through our own exports and by encouraging our Arab allies to pump more oil. 

Wars are expensive. Today, Russia is sitting on windfall profits from energy prices that are double what they were a year ago. If we can drive the price of their major export down to 2020 levels, Russia is broke.

President Biden said Putin is trying to recreate the Soviet Union.  He’s right; that has been Putin’s dream for decades.  The way we defeated the Soviet Union the last time around was by driving down the price of oil. We pushed them into bankruptcy, cut off their access to bank loans, and prohibited the transfer of American technology.   

We have done it before, and we can do it again. But we are running out of time. We won the first Cold War. We need to win the second one, too. 

LOCKED AND LOADED: Armed member of Ukrainian parliament vows to fight 'to the end'

LOCKED AND LOADED: Armed member of Ukrainian parliament vows to fight 'to the end'

SVIATOSLAV YURASH: The battle is happening everywhere now in Kyiv. I mean, I'm hearing plenty of shooting happening on the streets and believe me, I'm not the only member of parliament who is joining the fight. Yesterday, we were just planning and bringing guns to try and give it to everyone who wants to join in the battle. And yesterday we had an occurrence in the city north of the city. We pushed them out. And now this night, when we've been indifferent, they're just using the night to try and surprise and overpower everything. But in reality, they are overwhelmed because Kyiv is a city of a million — millions of people, and they are fighting back tears as they have been fighting back for the last 48 hours. So we are very confident as far as the reality that everybody here wants to defend their country and their city to the end. 

Crazy GQP and that c*nt MTG at some AFPAC thing where crowd was rooting Putin Putin Putin.  CPAC next for the patriotic GQP and the Orange Jesus.  It will be a Putin fest. Putin doesn't have to win in Ukraine, he is winning here.  Putin knew after a pandemic and a divided country he just needed a (D) POTUS, doesn't matter who, to make this move and we will WWIII from within.  All these Putin rooters just to own a lib are KGB playbook.  I know fuckers that would take ass cancer just to own a lib. Get ready for more division among us this weekend.  CPAC is the Super Bowl for that, he timed this well. Putin is already winning. 

I may have just set the AW record for acronyms.