• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So much for that good feeling

Docwaukee

I can't decide whether this mini meltdown against the Rangers to end the season is a bad thing or a small blessing

On the one hand, is sucks that after playing solid ball for better than a month they crap the bed when they have an opportunity to stick it to the team that is likely their biggest division rival.  Doing so by playing poor fundamental baseball.  It could have been a nice little building block for next year to finish the season solidly.

On the other hand, seeing the downside of what this team is capable could be a good little reminder that they still have a ways to go before they can consistently perform at the level of a potential playoff contender.

While I think that even without this series, the FO recognized the holes on this team, I am hoping these last four games took away any false sense of security that may have started to develop.  I hope that the relative pen performances of either team was recognized as a where a very large discrepancy exists. 

Angels are just playing out the string, this isn't representative of anything.

If that's true, then the entire coaching staff should be replaced. I'm a huge Mike Scioscia fan, but it is time to change the culture of the Angels. 4 years of team-record payrolls and no playoff games is good enough reason for me to welcome his firing. He hasn't forgotten how to manage, but there needs to be an entirely new direction in philosophy. Yes, he was put behind the eight ball with the pitching staff that was given to him this year, but at the same time, Joe Girardi's staff sucked too (BP was better, and only one example), and they were in it until 10 days ago or so. I'm excited to see what a new skipper can bring to this team.