• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone with snow blower experience?

nate

Need to purchase one for this winter.  We have a pretty long driveway and have been looking at the Ariens Deluxe 28+.  There is a dealer here with a limited run that they did with a larger 305cc Briggs and Straton motor for the same price of $1099 as the standard one.  We were going to consider used but it seems like that is not a good idea.  Anyone have any opinion on them?

http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Ariens-921035-Snow-Thrower/p11237.html

402x302_Deluxe_28_01_Final.png

28" Clearing Width
16" Directional Tires
14” Steel Serrated Auger
Throws snow up to 50 feet
Powerful In-Dash Headlight
Auto-Turn Steering Technology
3-Year Limited Consumer Warranty
Dual Belt Auger Drive
Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Gear Case

My father lives in Montana and has about a 8 acre long driveway and uses a simple Honda snowblower. Looks like you are going overkill with that garage monster.

Why not ask your neighbors what they use since they have the experience with snowfall in their driveways. Or do they not talk to Californian transplants that drive Nissans?

Need to purchase one for this winter.  We have a pretty long driveway and have been looking at the Ariens Deluxe 28+.  There is a dealer here with a limited run that they did with a larger 305cc Briggs and Straton motor for the same price of $1099 as the standard one.  We were going to consider used but it seems like that is not a good idea.  Anyone have any opinion on them?

http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Ariens-921035-Snow-Thrower/p11237.html

402x302_Deluxe_28_01_Final.png

28" Clearing Width

16" Directional Tires

14” Steel Serrated Auger

Throws snow up to 50 feet

Powerful In-Dash Headlight

Auto-Turn Steering Technology

3-Year Limited Consumer Warranty

Dual Belt Auger Drive

Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Gear Case

The key thing that this is missing (that was the big selling feature of mine) is heated hand grips! 

Edit:  this was also the feature that signaled to all my neighbors that I was a douche from CA.

Edited by Geoff Stoddart

My father lives in Montana and has about a 8 acre long driveway and uses a simple Honda snowblower. Looks like you are going overkill with that garage monster.

Why not ask your neighbors what they use since they have the experience with snowfall in their driveways. Or do they not talk to Californian transplants that drive Nissans?

So you are completely unqualified but are asserting that it is overkill. Got it.

It looks massive but it is actually a fairly entry level 2 stage model.

You can't use "simple" single stage Hondas here because they only work on up to 6 inches of snow. Plus you have to push them instead of using the drive gear. It would be completely worthless after a blizzard.

Also, I see more nissan honda and subarus here than ford Chevy etc.

Edited by nate

That is a nice model.  For me, I would spend some time starting different models.  To me, that is the biggest deal, getting them to start easily.  Especially when it is really cold.

Ah, didn't even think of that.  I will definitely do that.  Thanks.

The three main brands here seem to be Ariens, Toro and Simplicity.  I don't want anything with a Chinese motor in it.

Oh, and nate, if you get a big snow storm where it's tons of snow on your driveway, you should be able to pay somebody to clear it for you with a bobcat.

Don't try to do it yourself.

MT is spot on here.  Don't try it yourself.

As Tank said earlier, have your wife do it.