• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

True, most of Cleveland is already burned down.  It is barely one step above Detroit.

Dwayne Wade opted out too.  I think he will chase a championship somewhere.  Maybe the Clippers?

I heard that Riles promised Wade he would get paid at the end for taking less to win rings. He's seeking more than $16M per year. Heat will likely sign him and give him a max deal. If they don't that arena will be a ghost town.

@Mike_Bresnahan: The Lakers are moving quickly, will meet with LaMarcus Aldridge immediately after free agency begins Tuesday at 9:01 pm.

@latbbolch: Heard that LaMarcus Aldridge was leaning toward Lakers, a sign that their brand is not only back but never went away despite appearances.

@latbbolch: Heard that LaMarcus Aldridge was leaning toward Lakers, a sign that their brand is not only back but never went away despite appearances.

Lol, yeah the brand isn't gone, we have a chance at LaMarcus Aldridge guys!  The homer is strong with this one.

Honestly, he would be an idiot to join the Lakers if the Spurs offer him the same money.  According to rumors though he lives in OC so maybe that is enough of a pull to bring him to the Lakers.

I would think that Randle comes off the bench to start the season if the Lakers get LA. Aldridge would likely split his time between the 4 and 5 pretty evenly each game. Is there a defensive minded center that would come to the Lakers for less money? A Perkins type that could start but only play about 20 mins a game.

I know FA hasn't even started but so far it doesn't sound like the Lakers are favorites for any of the bigger names.  Gasol supposedly has no interest in coming to LA after how his brother was treated the last few years of his tenure with the Lakers and frankly I don't blame him.  Chicago will supposedly match any offer Butler gets so even though he wants to come to LA that's out of his and the Lakers control.  D. Jordan wants to be a bigger piece on offense and it sounds like a few other teams are willing to tell him that.  I'd gladly take Aldridge even though he wasn't my first choice but if I'm him I go to San Antonio who has a brighter future in the near term along with no state income tax.  Love is by all accounts going back to Cleveland and even if he doesn't I don't see him being a good fit with the Lakers due to his lack of defense.  Only time will tell but my concern with drafting Russell over Okafor meant that they really needed to bring in a PF or C via FA.  I just hope if they strike out in FA they don't overpay for Cousins.   

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat