• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

This team is doing an awful lot more on defense this year.

Offensively it's starting to look like the lack of a decent three point shooter is going to be a problem. This is good in a sense, since the last couple of years there have been more significant issues, but with improvement we are seeing a weakness exposed. 

Ball has struggled of late, and I have to agree with Charles Barkley the other night when he said his problem is that he just can't shoot. His form is just awful, I'm really at a loss as to where he learned that.

I've thought the same thing re: Lonzo's form.  For all the talk about how awesome the Ball boys are, their dad sure dropped the ball on getting his shooting form corrected.  Ultimately, Lonzo needs to be working on a 10-15 foot pullup J.  He gets that and he'll be fine.  I remember the big jump that Ingram made last season when he incorporated jumping off of two feet to jumping off of one foot when trying to attack and finish.  Took him half to 2/3 of the season but there was a significant gain when he worked on it then began incorporating it.  Same with Lonzo.  He can be aggressive enough driving, especially last night, but only has that running floater in the tool box yet.  He needs more and it will come.

Lakers are playing much better defense and are running at least 10 players deep routinely.  This bodes well for future success even with the current consistency from 3 as you've noted ALF.  I was pretty surprised the other night vs. Portland that the Lakers had the lead deep into the 3rd or early 4th and hadn't hit a 3.  But last night, they were dropping better.  A little more consistency would be nice!  Exciting and fun team to watch though at 4-5..

Nice W over Memphis Sunday night.  Lots of guys getting involved.  Staved off Memphis' run late in the 4th to seal the victory.  I love that we have been "in" every game this year.  Now there is talk of Deng not be happy and wanting the Lakers to find someplace to send him.  I really, really hope it doesn't take Julius Randle to move Deng's contract.  I know we have to pay something, but I think I'd rather it be Clarkson than Randle, and neither if possible.

Too bad no takers would be willing to pay even $6 million/season of that $18 million/season for Deng.   That would open up salary cap space too.   

I guess his game is that far gone? 

WTF were you even thinking, Asleep At The Switch Mitch and Jimmy Bob BS?    Mozgov AND Deng????   Two of the WORST acquisitions
(for the money) in franchise history!

Another painfully slow start last night against Boston on their floor, but we were right there with them all night.  Again, we were making our best run in the fourth quarter with Randle on the floor.....and Luke pulls him for Lopez.  Boston immediately pushes out the lead.  I wish Luke would stay with the hot rotation sometimes.  I think we would have at least one more W, maybe 2.  Either way, we are uber competitive and I'm digging it.

Very winnable game last night vs Milwaukee on the road.  23 turnovers (15 in the second half) and leaving 15 points on the free throw line killed us as we went down by 8.  Also, had a long spell late in the third going into the fourth quarters where we just went dry and couldn't get a basket.  Encouraging, but frustrating.  I think (hope?) we learn to clean up these issues as the season goes along.  Lonzo with his first triple double, Kuzma with a double double, and Randle again making an impact. 

11 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Agree.  There is nothing he can't do.  Shoots 3's well, midrange faceup, penetrate, post game, great footwork, blocks shots....!  Like him alot.  Lonzo looked like garbage again last night, but BI, Kuzma and Clarkson kept us in the game.  Can't shoot that poorly and expect to win the game.

Too many players with poor shooting percentages.  Didnt which the entire game, but based on score and shooting percentages, it looks like we could have won the game.

You are not going to win games shooting 38% and 11% from 3Pt land.

starting back court was 5-20 last night.

I am worried about Lonzo, I think it's time to let him come off the bench.

I did watch the entire game, and it was painful from a shooting percentage perspective.  But we got after the boards, especially offensively, and got quite a few extra shots which kept us close.  Still within a bucket or two with about 2 minutes left.  Game was there for the taking, but couldn't get baskets and couldn't stop Embiid.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Never mind Lebron or PG-13, this franchise needs a defensive post presence as much as anything. 

DeMarcus Cousins is the only player that would fit that bill via free agency.  Of course, there may be better defensive centers but he is the one that brings a nice mix of offense and defense.  He and George/Lebron would be sweet signings.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, HaloNArizona said:

Could that be one reason by the calling up of Bryant.  He is supposed to be a defensive presence.

While still very young, I think Bryant offers a little more diversity than Zubac.  He isn't much more laterally quick than Zubac at this time, but has good straight line speed, 3 pt jumper, and activity that could help for a few minutes off the bench.

12 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Seriously.  If Lavar didn't exist, many basketball fans would likely be rooting for Lonzo to succeed instead of desiring his failure.  Too bad Lavar doesn't see this. 

Nice game for the youngsters last night against a better opponent, potential playoff team.

I heard a sports talk show the other day, that was wondering which Ball child would be the next Todd Marinovich.

Lavar needs to go away.  Let the Lakers handle Lonzo and UCLA handle LiAngelo.