• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Not sure but they didn't agree to an extension before last Monday's deadline so he's set to become an RFA at season's end.  From the Lakers perspective it made sense not to extend him because they want flexibility to possibly go after 2 big name FA's this next off season.  If they don't need all of that money or they see him as being a piece to keep then they can match any contract he gets. 

On 10/21/2017 at 8:33 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Not sure but they didn't agree to an extension before last Monday's deadline so he's set to become an RFA at season's end.  From the Lakers perspective it made sense not to extend him because they want flexibility to possibly go after 2 big name FA's this next off season.  If they don't need all of that money or they see him as being a piece to keep then they can match any contract he gets. 

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

He already voiced his opinion to the media. Maybe he put himself there after game 1?

i just don't get it though, yea the Lakers may be not too happy with him because they couldn't reach an agreement or that he spoke out about coming off the bench, but he is a former top 10 pick, a guy who they have to make the decision on regarding what to do with next summer so it would be in their best interest to play him if for nothing else but to get his trade value up.

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

i just don't get it though, yea the Lakers may be not too happy with him because they couldn't reach an agreement or that he spoke out about coming off the bench, but he is a former top 10 pick, a guy who they have to make the decision on regarding what to do with next summer so it would be in their best interest to play him if for nothing else but to get his trade value up.

I don't get it either. Randal might be the top pick with the most realized potential. He might not end up being a top shelf player, but up to this point he has clearly out performed every other recent draft pick IMO.

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't get it either. Randal might be the top pick with the most realized potential. He might not end up being a top shelf player, but up to this point he has clearly out performed every other recent draft pick IMO.

except Russell so far this year.    

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I will laugh and then cry, if the trend continues.

I guess as long a Kuzma does well it's a non issue, but the thing I hate most about the NBA is what the Lakers are planning for next year.  Which is to use cap space to buy a bunch of superstars.   Not sure how pumped I will be if they bring in Lebron to win a title.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

I guess as long a Kuzma does well it's a non issue, but the thing I hate most about the NBA is what the Lakers are planning for next year.  Which is to use cap space to buy a bunch of superstars.   Not sure how pumped I will be if they bring in Lebron to win a title.  

Bringing in Shaq was the best thing they ever did, but it was trading for Kobe that really tied the fanbase to the team, IMO. We need a homegrown superstar.

First things first, Lavar needs to consult with numerous NBA articles that talk of Beverley’s elite defense.   Guy is an absolute pest on defense.   Clippers may actually be better overall with him vs the aging Chris Paul.

Secondly, enough talk about Lebron and PG, the post has absolutely ZERO defense.   LB State’s post players could score on the Lakers.   What are they going to do there in 8-9 months?

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

First things first, Lavar needs to consult with numerous NBA articles that talk of Beverley’s elite defense.   Guy is an absolute pest on defense.   Clippers may actually be better overall with him vs the aging Chris Paul.

Secondly, enough talk about Lebron and PG, the post has absolutely ZERO defense.   LB State’s post players could score on the Lakers.   What are they going to do there in 8-9 months?

To be fair they have probably played the two best front court duos in the NBA. Davis, Boogie, and Griffin, Jordan are a tough matchup for nearly every team. Not only have their bigs had to guard those 4 guys but have had to worry about guards getting into the paint seemingly at will.

I have really enjoyed watching the Lakers this season.  Watching them in their comeback against the Pelicans on Sunday, and especially last nights OT win over the Wizards, it has been fun watching them run and it seems like there are little peaks into what Luke wants them to ultimately become.  A couple of series last night where they looked Golden State-esque with their solid passing, really selfless.  I was bouncing back and forth between the World Series in extras and the Lakers game closing out the fourth quarter into OT.  Lots of fist pump moments in the Lakers game!  Good to feel that again!

I'd love to see another competitive game from the youngsters tonight, playing efficiently and selflessly.  Run and run, and run some more until the Raptors are exhausted.  Also, the defensive intensity they've had for the past 5 quarters would be nice to continue.  Let's dominate the eastern conference.

Not loving Luke right now.  I know he is trying to find the right combinations but feel like we had the lineup playing during the fourth quarter of the Raptors game that got us the lead and was dominating.....and Luke pulls them for the starters who were getting it handed to them.  3 minutes later we're down by 10.  Should have left the subs in!  Bad 1st quarter IN UTAH, otherwise we were hanging just fine with the Jazz.  I'm liking the moxie of this team, but wish we would start Lonzo + KCP + Ingram + Kuzma + Randle and then bring the subs in Clarkson + J. Hart (who is earning my trust and love!) + Brewer + Nance + Lopez.  I doubt these lineups will happen due to Lopez feeling like he needs starter run, but Randle and Kuzma need to be getting the most minutes of everyone.  These guys are studs and would make Lonzo's job easier!

There would be the occasional center that might give Randle trouble, like Cousins, but the other center has to guard Randle and that is becoming a huge advantage for us this season.  Randle is in such good condition and appears to have gotten some spring back, he is running hard and playing much better defense.  Both units performed pretty well tonight as we ran away from Detroit.  Shot pretty well from 3 and had a lot of contributors tonight.