• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Moment It All Went Wrong

I'm not making the claim one way or the other. You are the one claiming that everyone was positive about the signing. I'm asking for you to prove it.

Haha - nope, I won't play that game.  You need to prove me wrong.  (Plus, I don't know how to go back to 2007/2008 and search it.)

Clearly not everyone liked the Scioscia signing Bruce. Reading through that thread there was a lot of disagreement about what Scioscia was actually worth. We overpaid the man for too many years, and it wasn't hard for people to see it then either. It's just more obvious now because now Scisocia can't even get us to the playoffs.

Kuddos to Glen. My how quickly people forget. There were plenty who didnt like the move. Glen was one, I was another, he'll, even Chuck didn't like the move.

Giving Scioscia that contract gave him the free pass to believe he was irreplaceable.

Oh yeah.... Buttercup is a very close second.

Please post the thread where you guys railed against the signing.

Then don't correspond with people that don't adhere to your rules, seems pretty simple.

I probably shouldn't have said anything, I just don't take the internet seriously enough or care about someone trying to argue on the internet. I'd just avoid it opposed to asking for reasoning which you're obviously not going to get if you have to even question someones posting methods in the first place.

I never said Matsui over Vladdy in 2010 was a good move, but this thread is titled "the Moment it All Went Wrong". Choosing Matsui over Vladdy clearly wasn't the moment it all went wrong. It had almost no impact on anything outside of slightly worse production for ONE year. It is such a minor move especially when you consider this franchise has endured Adenhart's death (RIP), the Wells trade, the Morales injury, the Pujols signing, and the Hamilton signing. Those are legit moments that "changed it all" you can argue. Choosing Matsui over Vladdy? Not so much...

I don't know if you deliberately misleading or just being ignorant.  However, you commented on a thread I made which focused on each decision going from bad to worse.   Choosing Vladdy over Matsui was the first example of a bad decision and I call that bad.  Then I listed about ten other decisions all being worse.  Thus the purpose of my thread:  Bad to worse!

I don't know if you deliberately misleading or just being ignorant.  However, you commented on a thread I made which focused on each decision going from bad to worse.   Choosing Vladdy over Matsui was the first example of a bad decision and I call that bad.  Then I listed about ten other decisions all being worse.  Thus the purpose of my thread:  Bad to worse!

I agree that Vlad should have stayed but Hideki Matsui for $6M gave us .274 / 21hrs / 84rbi's and led the team with a .361OBP.

We could only wish that Josh Hamilton would have given us at least that this season. Besides MATSUILAND was fun.