• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Team Mexico, including Giants star Sergio Romo, feels hostility amid Arizona's immigration battle

GLENDALE, Ariz. – A team full of Mexican citizens and Mexican-Americans played a baseball game here Wednesday. This would be of little note in 49 other states. In Arizona, where immigration has been politicized to the point of dystopian fiction, this was a recipe for jokes about how many of the team's players were asked for their papers on the way to the stadium. It might've been funny if not for the fact that a police officer really had stopped one.

"I've been pulled over numerous times, driving a nice car," said Sergio Romo, the closer for the San Francisco Giants as well as the Mexican WBC outfit. "The first question is: What's your citizenship? The second question: Is this your car? And then: What do you do for a living? And it's like, 'Bro, you're Mexican just like me.' 'Ah, but I was born here.' And I say, 'So was I.' "

...."Welcome to Arizona, where the only thing worse than the fear and propaganda perpetuated by a government gone wild is what people with the temerity to have been born with dark skin must endure accordingly."

Red More...

That is a bunch of crap!  Let me answer those questions for you:

What is your citizenship: I gave you my liscence like everyone does on a traffic stop.  That should answer the question if I am here legally or not!

Is this your car?  Yes, I gave  you my registration like everyone does on a traffice stop.

What do you do for a living?  UH none of your business...that is a private matter not a law enforcement matter!

I don't believe that scenario at ALL!

GLENDALE, Ariz. – A team full of Mexican citizens and Mexican-Americans played a baseball game here Wednesday. This would be of little note in 49 other states. In Arizona, where immigration has been politicized to the point of dystopian fiction, this was a recipe for jokes about how many of the team's players were asked for their papers on the way to the stadium. It might've been funny if not for the fact that a police officer really had stopped one.

"I've been pulled over numerous times, driving a nice car," said Sergio Romo, the closer for the San Francisco Giants as well as the Mexican WBC outfit. "The first question is: What's your citizenship? The second question: Is this your car? And then: What do you do for a living? And it's like, 'Bro, you're Mexican just like me.' 'Ah, but I was born here.' And I say, 'So was I.' "

...."Welcome to Arizona, where the only thing worse than the fear and propaganda perpetuated by a government gone wild is what people with the temerity to have been born with dark skin must endure accordingly."

Red More...

Too bad... Mexico treats US Citizens the same way.

Come to America the right way, not to drain us or re-claim North Mexico.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Mexican players don't make the trip back home and seek asylum as some Cuban players have done previously.

I live here in the AZ and all I have to say is follow the laws and you have nothing to worry about. Serge would have never been pulled over "for no reason", especially if he was driving a "nice car" in the Dale or something (Scottsdale for visitors) . Heck the windows on his "nice car" were likely tinted (as most Arizona cars are) anyways so race or skin color likely had nothing to do with it. What really sucks is that a few really bad apples messed it up for the rest of the cart. 

Like it or not the laws are what they are, follow them or deal with the consequences.

This again?

Maybe if they actively spoke out against the people who are here illegally, stealing money from our government and the people who pay taxes we would care more.  Instead they want us to feel sorry for them.

why do they have to speak out?  It's not their responsibility.

Feel sorry for them?  Romo just wants to be treated like the average white guy. Is there something wrong with that? 

I live here in the AZ and all I have to say is follow the laws and you have nothing to worry about. Serge would have never been pulled over "for no reason", especially if he was driving a "nice car" in the Dale or something (Scottsdale for visitors) . Heck the windows on his "nice car" were likely tinted (as most Arizona cars are) anyways so race or skin color likely had nothing to do with it. What really sucks is that a few really bad apples messed it up for the rest of the cart. 

Like it or not the laws are what they are, follow them or deal with the consequences."

"Serge would have never been pulled over "for no reason",

You really think this never happens? If your answer is yes, you are incorrect.

i was born in Phoenix

guess i should go back to Mexico

Apparently we all need to go back even though im born and raised in California

Speak on it Serg

You're telling me "John" who's white and drives a mercedes will get treated the same as "Juan" who drives the same car. Doubt it.