• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AL WEST Tale of the Tape - "Houston We Have a Problem"

disarcina

To sum up the AL West and the Angels season -- look at the W/L stats vs. the doormat Houston Astros.

Texas season record vs. Astros: 11-2 (2-1 Home; 9-1 Road at Houston) 6 Home games left vs. Houston at Arlington.

Oakland season record vs. Astros: 11-1 (3-0 Home; 8-1 Road at Hou.) 7 Home games left vs. Houston at Raiders Park.

LA Angels of ANA. rec vs. Astros: 6-7 (2-5 Home; 4-2 Road at Hou.) 3 Home, 3 Road games left vs. Houston,

That FOUR GAME SWEEP by the Astros at ANAHEIM was perhaps the lowest point of a lot of low points this season.

If the Halos perform to the level of the A's or Texas against Houston -- Angels are at least then at .500 for the season.

Houston beat Texas at Houston Opening Night -- one win against them since and almost got no hit today. 

It's ok, I came home JUST in time to watch that fabulous 9th inning tonight.

And I was happy.

The competitive side of me wants them to stick it to the Yankees.

The pragmatic side of me knows that every loss is 0.00000000000000023% chance that Fatty is finally fired and a step in the right direction of turning this org around - and about a 1.2% chance we improve our draft slot.

Ahhh, the simple goals of an Angels fan this decade...

As a side note, I heard a SICK stat driving today on the M&M show.  I've not verified it, but Kershaw - when given 4 runs or more - is 49 and 0.  

SICK.

To sum up the AL West and the Angels season -- look at the W/L stats vs. the doormat Houston Astros.

Texas season record vs. Astros: 11-2 (2-1 Home; 9-1 Road at Houston) 6 Home games left vs. Houston at Arlington.

Oakland season record vs. Astros: 11-1 (3-0 Home; 8-1 Road at Hou.) 7 Home games left vs. Houston at Raiders Park.

LA Angels of ANA. rec vs. Astros: 6-7 (2-5 Home; 4-2 Road at Hou.) 3 Home, 3 Road games left vs. Houston,

That FOUR GAME SWEEP by the Astros at ANAHEIM was perhaps the lowest point of a lot of low points this season.

If the Halos perform to the level of the A's or Texas against Houston -- Angels are at least then at .500 for the season.

Houston beat Texas at Houston Opening Night -- one win against them since and almost got no hit today. 

You seem to have forgotten the other team that's ahead of us.

It's ok, I came home JUST in time to watch that fabulous 9th inning tonight.

And I was happy.

The competitive side of me wants them to stick it to the Yankees.

The pragmatic side of me knows that every loss is 0.00000000000000023% chance that Fatty is finally fired and a step in the right direction of turning this org around - and about a 1.2% chance we improve our draft slot.

Ahhh, the simple goals of an Angels fan this decade...

As a side note, I heard a SICK stat driving today on the M&M show.  I've not verified it, but Kershaw - when given 4 runs or more - is 49 and 0.  

SICK.

Heh, Blanton is probably around .300 when given 4 runs or more. 

Well, Seattle, yes...........but at the season's start everyone thought that the AL West had at least ONE WILD CARD spot pretty much clinched because of the 19 games each AL West team would play against Houston.........

it's turned out to be true for Texas and Oakland -- they have just raked and now down the stretch the remaining games they have with Houston are HOME games.........

So the teams in the Wild Card chase are not going to be able to catch the second place AL West team as Texas and Oakland should continue to play at a .850 clip against Houston for their remaining games........

tough to pick up games in the standings when teams get that kind of advantage.

As for the Halos -- that FOUR GAME SWEEP by Houston at Angel Stadium really was the season low.