• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

To the people who thought Bryce Harper would be better than trout

NrM

This year compared to trout's rookie year simply because harper was only 19 in his rookie season. You guys are idiots. That is all.

In his second full season Trout has increased his OPS by .25 points over his rookie year.

Harper has increased his OPS by 65 points even after missing 25 games due to injury.

Who is actually showing more growth as a player?

In his second full season Trout has increased his OPS by .25 points over his rookie year.

Harper has increased his OPS by 65 points even after missing 25 games due to injury.

Who is actually showing more growth as a player?

i know you're just trolling, but some people probably think this way.

Poozy, you're ridiculous.

1) Of course Mike Trout is better...SO FAR. Neither has even played two complete seasons, and both are under 22 years of age (until tomorrow, when Trout turns 22)

2) Trout is having the best start ever by a position player, so its unfair to compare anyone to him

3) Their careers are young - there's no telling how they'll develop, so give it some time before making final determinations. Both look like generational talents. Trout is better now, and probably for the next couple years, but Harper could catch up at some point

By the way, if you look at all major leaguers through their age 20 seasons (Trout last year, and Harper this year), Trout is #2 behind only Mel Ott in WAR and Harper is 10th. Here are the top 10, sorted by WAR with games played in parentheses:

12.5 Ott (391)

10.7 Trout (179)

9.7 Cobb (289)

8.9 Rodriguez (206)

8.7 Kaline (320)

8.1 Mantle (238)

7.5 Griffey Jr (281)

7.3 Magee (250)

7.1 Williams (149)

6.4 Harper (213)

Not bad company.

This year compared to trout's rookie year simply because harper was only 19 in his rookie season. You guys are idiots. That is all.

Unless you actually have names of posters, my guess is that you were watching some dopes shouting at each other on an ESPN shoutfest show, and projected it to the posters here.

I don't think many here were saying Harper was better. I think people were saying there was a chance he could be better and I still believe there is that chance. Both are still very young. What percentage of MLB players make their debuts before their 22nd birthday? Both have a lot of career left. I think Mike Trout will be looked at as the better player when all is said and done but it's too early to call it over especially when Harper's biggest advantage is power which usually kicks in later in a career.

Trout is better.

Harper is still putting up unreal numbers for a 20 year old, and is a generational talent.

wait just a doggone minute, fire. if trout is a once in a generation player and harper is a once in a generation player, doesn't that poke a huge hole in the space-time continuum?

i'm afraid the universe might explode if this is true.

wait just a doggone minute, fire. if trout is a once in a generation player and harper is a once in a generation player, doesn't that poke a huge hole in the space-time continuum?

i'm afraid the universe might explode if this is true.

Trout is so fast his generations are only 1 year long.