• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Green Watch 2013

m0nkey

I wouldn't read too much into that Chuck.   Lucho and Rodriguez are both on the 7 day DL in SLC.   Matt Long played 2B and Green played 3B.  My guess is the Marte signing was to fill the hole at 3B that Nelson was filling.  Chance Ross (haven't seen him on the prospect list) was brought up from IE to fill in for Rodriguez.

Green played 3B tonight. Interesting.

I have to wonder if maybe Green is looked at as more of a long term guy at 3b....Nelson may be filling in while Green gets game time at SLC at 3b....Kendrick injury may change things though....

I have to wonder if maybe Green is looked at as more of a long term guy at 3b....Nelson may be filling in while Green gets game time at SLC at 3b....Kendrick injury may change things though....

I think Green would only stick at third base long term if he bulked up and developed a bit more power. In the end I think it depends even more on who is traded (i.e. Kendrick, Aybar, et. al.).

I think Green would only stick at third base long term if he bulked up and developed a bit more power. In the end I think it depends even more on who is traded (i.e. Kendrick, Aybar, et. al.).

Remember there's Lindsey and Yarbrough too.

Well, Tommy Field could use a quality backup

It seems like Field will become that super utility backup hitting against left-handed pitching. If Kendrick were traded you'd probably see Field and Lindsey split time at second base.

Am I missing something about Field? 

I think so, actually. He's multi-positional capable (he's played a lot of SS), he had a career .363 OBP/.423 SLG (.786 OPS) in the Minors. He has a bit of pop in his bat (something on the order of 10 HR's over a season in the Majors).

He hits left-handed pitching well. He's not to bad against RHP. That is why I could see him platooned with Lindsey at second base due to Taylor's struggles with LHP. In a platoon you would get close to the equivalent production of Howie Kendrick. That is why HK is probably expendable in trade.

Field could see time at any of the infield positions except first base.

Edit: Also Luis Jimenez has struggled against LHP in both the Majors and Minors this year. In the hypothetical situation that Jimenez plays third base next year, Field or Green could platoon with Lindsey and Jimenez with Aybar switch hitting out of SS.

It would make our team younger, more athletic, and get some good energy into the clubhouse with Jimenez's presence.